Primo Mix Non Drive Side Cone Nut Removal?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/1/2014 10:26 AM

Does the Primo Mix cone nut (non drive side) just tap off? or is it threaded so i have to unscrew it with an adjustable wrench?

|

1/1/2014 10:31 AM

Screw it off with a wrench till it's past the 15mm threaded area, then you can just flick it loose by hand cause the rest of the threaded area is 14mm

|

1/1/2014 10:36 AM

Hmmm i think it is threaded as its super stiff and doesn't seem to be going anywhere when i turn it sad ive just received in the post a whole new cone set and was hoping to sort my wobbling in the wheel out !

|

1/1/2014 12:55 PM

Its threaded. Stick a 8mm allen wrench in your axle and loosen it off. Make sure to put grease on the threads before you put your new one on. They get stuck easy.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/1/2014 4:10 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Its threaded. Stick a 8mm allen wrench in your axle and loosen it off. Make sure to put grease on the threads before you put your new one on. They get stuck easy.

it's a 5, the Mix uses a 5, Remix uses an 8

|

1/1/2014 9:34 PM

I actually have this same problem on my match. luckily i can take off the drive side nut to clean the driver, but if i ever wanna take off the other side i think im gonna be screwed. also i can reaffirm that its a 5mm broach

|