Primo Pro/Mix drivers compatible?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/27/2015 8:49 PM

I know this has been asked before, but the answers are still pretty mixed and Primo/TippPlus seems to like to ignore emails. The axles look the same in pics, so I'm assuming they're interchangeable. I just want to know before I drop the money on a Mix hub/wheel, because I want to use the 9t Ti driver from my Pro hub

|

12/27/2015 9:04 PM

I've read that they are not, but like you I haven't found a definite answer...

If this is the driver you have then I don't think it will just based on the fact that that one uses bearings on the outside of the driver, the Mix uses bearings on the inside and a needle bearing on the outside.

Of course that doesn't mean it can't still fit, what also matters is the rest of the driver but I can't find a photo of the Pro's internals, all I'm seeing are Mix internals

|

1/11/2016 2:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2016 2:54 AM

Got a Primo Mix hub yesterday, and would like to confirm once and for all that they DO NOT interchange! The outer diameter of the Mix driver is smaller, so there's zero chance of the Pro driver fitting inside the Mix hub shell. I would've taken pics just in case anyone wondering about this doesn't believe me, but I didn't even think about it until after I already had my bike back together and I'm not trying to take the wheel/chain off again. I'm also pretty sure the opposite (Mix driver on a Pro hub) would be impossible as well. It would have a huge gap from the driver to the ratchet ring in the hub since the Mix driver is smaller, and the axles are different regardless due to the needle bearing in the Mix where as the Pro driver uses regular cartridge bearings all the way thru. So we can finally put this question to rest. Lol

|

1/11/2016 7:29 AM

-Havok- wrote:

Got a Primo Mix hub yesterday, and would like to confirm once and for all that they DO NOT interchange! The outer diameter of the Mix driver is smaller, so there's zero chance of the Pro driver fitting inside the Mix hub shell. I would've taken pics just in case anyone wondering about this doesn't believe me, but I didn't even think about it until after I already had my bike back together and I'm not trying to take the wheel/chain off again. I'm also pretty sure the opposite (Mix driver on a Pro hub) would be impossible as well. It would have a huge gap from the driver to the ratchet ring in the hub since the Mix driver is smaller, and the axles are different regardless due to the needle bearing in the Mix where as the Pro driver uses regular cartridge bearings all the way thru. So we can finally put this question to rest. Lol

Crap! Sorry. I feel bad I missed this question. THEY WILL NOT INTERCHANGE! hahaha Better late than never.

www.albes.com

|