Primo Remix Cassette

Related:
Create New Tag

3/24/2017 10:14 AM

So, long story short, I bought a Shadow BTR cassette and when I laced it up I found out that they sent me a lhd. I wouldn't usually mind this but my sprocket hits everything when you do any double peg tricks. Rails especially suck because the sprocket just digs in and sends you flying. I found a Primo Remix I can get for pretty cheap but I wanted to hear some opinions about it first. I think that the cult match uses the same internals and I know that they are pretty good.

|

3/24/2017 10:32 AM

If it's for cheap get it , then take it to your local and get it serviced. My buddy wold me a whole Éclat wheel for 100$ , one of the panels were fucked but otherwise I was good . Still using it to this day like 2 years later

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/24/2017 11:06 AM

I hear good things about it. My buddy has been running one for around 3 years now with four pegs and no guards, haha. It's got a sweet sound to it as well.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

3/24/2017 11:30 AM

The guy at my LBS told me the remix has a driver design that lets you use it in both the LHD or RHD hub shells. And that it's not as strong as the old mix hub drivers that were RHD or LHD specific. So if the driver ever blows up see if you can find somewhere that has new old stock of the RHD mix driver. Apparently they are super reliable. They only changed the design so they only have to make one type of driver where you can re-configure the pawls to work in either the LHD or RHD hubs

|

3/24/2017 7:13 PM

Primo Remix does NOT use the same internals as the Match cassette, or the Mix cassette. Only the driver is the same. The Remix uses smaller bearings, a slightly more hollow axle, and a shitty shell design that I've seen a lot of people snap clean in half actually haha

If it's really cheap, then you may as well go for it anyway. It's not gonna explode on you, I just personally wouldn't trust it myself.

|

3/26/2017 9:58 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Primo Remix does NOT use the same internals as the Match cassette, or the Mix cassette. Only the driver is the same. The Remix ...more

That's right ...

|

3/26/2017 10:23 AM

I have a Cinema VX2 cassette hub in the rear and you can swap lhd and rhd and it's been great and I am an extremely hard rider and beat the adbsolute brakes off my bike

|

6/15/2017 8:40 AM

I go remix v2 is been running great i haven't any problem with the hub

|