Primo Remix Problem???

Related:
Create New Tag

3/7/2014 12:10 AM

My remix spins for hardly 17 seconds with grease. its quite new. what could be the problem?

|

3/7/2014 12:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/7/2014 12:25 AM

The shitty tiny bearings they put in that hub could be the cause of that, how old is it?

|

3/7/2014 12:28 AM

Does that one have press fit hardware? If not you may have the cone nuts too tight

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

3/7/2014 12:45 AM

Gump wrote:

Does that one have press fit hardware? If not you may have the cone nuts too tight

nope, but cone nuts could still be too tight. I know with the Mix/Match hub, if my driver side's locknut is too tight then the whole wheel doesn't like spinning sometimes, so maybe he should check that out.

Also, do you run a hub guard? if not, check & see if the locknut on your grind side is rubbing the hub shell itself due to grind damage causing drag

|

3/7/2014 8:23 AM

If it is new, it also could not be broken in yet?

Just ride man. If t feels stiff and slow when riding, then I would dig into it more. If you have brakes and they rub, or if your tire hits your frame, it could slow things down.

Also depends on how fast you got it going and so many other factors. Just ride it man.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/7/2014 8:37 AM

just wait for it to break in...my first primo hub barely spun then after a while it spun forever i snapped the hub and then just got it warrantied now it spins slow haha

|

3/7/2014 8:39 AM

its is very new. thanks for the advice.

|

3/7/2014 9:10 AM

its is very new. thanks for the advice.

|

3/7/2014 11:13 AM

If it's new then it's just the bearings needing broken in I would guess. I have a brand new Remix sitting here & the hub feels super tight

|

3/7/2014 11:58 AM

i had a similar issue when i had a brand new remix. when i spun it (not riding), i could feel a "lag" hop type thing. wasnt noticeable when riding. after i broke it in, problem was gone.

|

bikes destroy vlogs.

ref: slade_vincent, shutta, ecuadevil, theprophet, blackmammoth, sfb, element4all, bmx-junkie, kurtnut, nickg, jessebmx, dontDELETE, krbmx17, ninjacat, freddydapice, waanng, ivan, scramhype, motogrizz, tomdon, dream, hatebreeder, noendinsight666, asilva, wolfen, superstarDK, skubasteve, aebasher, many more.

3/7/2014 12:41 PM

WOW, just loosened the nuts and spins for like 5 times longer. Thanks Guys

|

3/7/2014 9:40 PM

mine is fine. had it since may

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me