Primo dsg hub guard

Related:
Create New Tag

2/3/2011 9:24 AM

Ok so i just got a primo dsg hubguard and when i put it on the chain hits it, i run 25 - 9 gearing so it should be fine. Am i installing it wrong? I also got some odyssey par ends in red but they are orange so dont buy the red ones if you want red haha

|

2/3/2011 9:28 AM

Is it only hitting on one side or both sides?
What size sprocket are you running?

|

2/3/2011 9:34 AM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

Is it only hitting on one side or both sides?
What size sprocket are you running?

Just one and i have 25t and 9t driver

|

2/3/2011 9:35 AM

than tighten up your chain.... or you might have it on crooked. when i ran rhd and that guard, i just grinded a quarter in off each side just in case my chain came loose while i was riding, so i didnt have to worry about rubbing or noise.

|

2/3/2011 9:37 AM

just sand or grind some of it off, it doesn't really take into account the height of your chain very well.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/3/2011 9:39 AM

collin86 wrote:

than tighten up your chain.... or you might have it on crooked. when i ran rhd and that guard, i just grinded a quarter in off each side just in case my chain came loose while i was riding, so i didnt have to worry about rubbing or noise.

My chain is tight, im just gonna grind it down in a bit

|

2/3/2011 9:48 AM

If it's only hitting one side, maybe it isn't centered on your hub properly?
I would first try centering it better, and if that fails, grind some off.

|

2/3/2011 10:44 AM

It hits the inside of the hub guard... I used a spacer that it comes with which will spread it apart but then i have stretch my frame like 2-3cm i cant stretch it enough...

|

2/3/2011 10:45 AM

BMX I like wrote:

It hits the inside of the hub guard... I used a spacer that it comes with which will spread it apart but then i have stretch my frame like 2-3cm i cant stretch it enough...

sucks for you!

|

2/3/2011 10:50 AM

BMX I like wrote:

collin86 wrote:

sucks for you!

It does indeed.

|

2/3/2011 11:12 AM

BMX I like wrote:

collin86 wrote:

sucks for you!

BMX I like wrote:

It does indeed.

go lift some weights and try again.
you gotta be kidding me, you cant stretch your frame apart to put a hubguard on?

|

2/3/2011 11:21 AM

collin86 wrote:

sucks for you!

BMX I like wrote:

It does indeed.

collin86 wrote:

you gotta be kidding me, you cant stretch your frame apart to put a hubguard on?

Im only a lickle guy and i dont wanna fuck up my frame or anything because im prone to breaking everything

|

2/3/2011 11:25 AM

BMX I like wrote:

It does indeed.

collin86 wrote:

BMX I like wrote:

Im only a lickle guy and i dont wanna fuck up my frame or anything because im prone to breaking everything

just stretch it out, you arent gonna hurt anything. ive done it to every frame ive owned and its fine. if you want it to fit perfect then buy a new hub with a compatible hub guard.
just be a mn and throw some gloves on and pop your wheel and guard on

|

2/3/2011 12:50 PM

got the same problem, the chain touches the inside of tmy hubguard. Would it help adding extra spacers?

|

2/3/2011 12:58 PM

CARL wrote:

got the same problem, the chain touches the inside of tmy hubguard. Would it help adding extra spacers?

Yeah i think so if you can stretch your frame enough, have you got the plastic one or metal one?

|

2/3/2011 1:04 PM

CARL wrote:

BMX I like wrote:

Yeah i think so if you can stretch your frame enough, have you got the plastic one or metal one?

went cheap and bought the plastic one. Think i can stretch my frame a tiny bit more than it allready is.

|

2/3/2011 1:09 PM

CARL wrote:

BMX I like wrote:

CARL wrote:

went cheap and bought the plastic one. Think i can stretch my frame a tiny bit more than it allready is.

Ahh same, i think they make the plastic ones thicker to make up for the strength or something ermm

|

2/3/2011 1:10 PM

BMX I like wrote:

CARL wrote:

BMX I like wrote:

Ahh same, i think they make the plastic ones thicker to make up for the strength or something ermm

i had the pc one and it was nice, it slides better, and i rode it for like 4 months and my friend has it now

|

2/3/2011 1:19 PM

BMX I like wrote:

CARL wrote:

BMX I like wrote:

My friend has the metall version and its much thinner, so yeah
Get a friend to help you stretch your frame while putting it on, took me a while to figure out how to get it on with the chain and everything, not the easiest

|

2/28/2011 5:12 PM

i just bought one and it wont fit and i think i need to grind it down , but im a little cautious about bending my frame should i ?

|

love you mom. rest in peace.
on a lighter note.... "RIP Kim Jong II, He might have been a cruel dictator, but he was sure fun to make fun of."

2/28/2011 5:22 PM

theboss wrote:

i just bought one and it wont fit and i think i need to grind it down , but im a little cautious about bending my frame should i ?

bend your frame, it wont hurt it.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

3/13/2012 6:07 AM

Has anyone ran this both sides at the same time? I grind both sides and need to protect both :/

|

3/13/2012 6:29 AM

Adam_Skinner wrote:

Has anyone ran this both sides at the same time? I grind both sides and need to protect both :/

get primo dsg for drive side and depends on what hub you have you may have a hub that has a guard made for it but if not get a universal guard like the s&m or united or fbm.

|

3/13/2012 10:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/13/2012 10:43 AM

Adam_Skinner wrote:

That would be a son of a bitch to get on. Those plastic ones are hella thick. It would definitely take two people to install your wheel. I'd also be concerned about stressing frame welds doing that.

|

3/13/2012 11:00 AM

old thread

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

4/9/2012 12:06 AM

Yeah same put it on yesterday i had to put in an extra spacer for the clearance, bit my chain still rubs on the sides and i spent a good 15 mins just adjusting it to the centre also i had to do some stretching on the frame mine also bends? :/

|

11/8/2012 8:38 AM

Do you run a full link or a half link? if you run a half link it tends to rub more, especialy if you have to DK EXO half link. I took sand paper (i have the plactic one) and sanded a little of each side and it quit rubbing...just remember to keep your chain tight...

|

11/8/2012 9:09 AM

A_day_to_remember wrote:

Do you run a full link or a half link? if you run a half link it tends to rub more, especialy if you have to DK EXO half link. I took sand paper (i have the plactic one) and sanded a little of each side and it quit rubbing...just remember to keep your chain tight...

nope nope nope..old thread GTFO

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

11/8/2012 9:57 AM

A_day_to_remember wrote:

You my sir are dumb
And this thread is freakin' old so yeah like king_swag said GTFO

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

11/8/2012 6:19 PM

A_day_to_remember wrote:

andyferly wrote:

You my sir are dumb
And this thread is freakin' old so yeah like king_swag said GTFO

go fuck your mom

|