Primo freemix problems cranks not turning and wheel slows down

Related:
Create New Tag

10/2/2015 10:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2015 10:29 AM

So basically got my bike stolen a few months ago and I had a primo freemix coaster the thing turned well and I could spin the cranks like 4 times round when the chain was lose, a friend of mine just gave me his old freemix ,the thing works but the cranks hardly turn and when I ride the bike slows down ever so slightly it's pretty annoying, I took it apart and regreased checked that I had everything in the right order , and still the same ,I tyred un tightening the cone nuts on each side but it doesn't change much , I was wondering if the bearings were dead and with one should I replace ? Or if it's something else ? Thanks smile

|

10/2/2015 10:30 AM

Bearings are really screwed up or you used really thick bearing grease

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/2/2015 11:07 AM

do u think its the driver bearings or the hub bearings ? smile

|

10/2/2015 12:18 PM

adamenglishfrenchman wrote:

do u think its the driver bearings or the hub bearings ? smile

Driver that's always what blows out

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/2/2015 12:31 PM

Take it apart and spin them by hand. You will be EASILY able to tell which ones spin slowly.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura