Primo n4fl v2 wobble

Related:
Create New Tag

6/17/2015 5:53 PM

I purchase the hub 2 months ago, it has a slight wobble, spokes are tight, bolts are tight and i just replaced the bearings, im having issues contacting tip plus, what should i do seems odd for a cromoly axle to take a shit in 2 months

|

6/17/2015 8:21 PM

Loose cones? Did you replace the bearings because of the wobble or did it wobble after replacing them?

|

6/17/2015 8:53 PM

Yeah i did and the cones are on fine, i even bought daily grind guards and both give me a wobble and yeah it wobbled after replacing the bearings

|

6/17/2015 9:46 PM

Bearings might not be fully seated in the hub shell causing some play with it... The axle just slides out right? Try taking it out and see if the internal spacer in the hub snug or if it has room to rattle around. If it has room to rattle around then the bearings might not be fully seated and need tapped in some more

|

6/17/2015 11:35 PM

Ill try checking that, ill also managed to find a new axle online for 10 bucks so ill give that a go if not im kinda in ahh how a hub shell can get deformed in two months let alone deformed at all, i really like primo but this crap and there shit customer service is pissing me off

|

6/18/2015 12:29 AM

alsd47 wrote:

Ill try checking that, ill also managed to find a new axle online for 10 bucks so ill give that a go if not im kinda in ahh ...more

It sounds like you did something wrong after YOU replaced the bearings. Customer service with tip can get hectic, fit directed me to them for something about my frame, and they're loaded with work. Take a chill.

|

6/18/2015 4:57 PM

Probably improper machining. It happens. A new axle will probably do the job, or if you're careful you could file it down just right.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/18/2015 5:28 PM

alsd47 wrote:

Ill try checking that, ill also managed to find a new axle online for 10 bucks so ill give that a go if not im kinda in ahh ...more

It happens. I had a Primo Mix cassette that developed a wobble in like half a year. It was terrible to the point where I made shims out of soda cans and could fit them between the bearing and the bearing seat. I let mine go for about a year before doing anything cause I didn't care enough, but Primo/Tipplus was very helpful and replaced it with a Remix within a week and a half (Ended up shelving the Remix and buying a Cult Match because fuck those tiny bearings in the Remix, but that's besides the point)

Point is, Primo/Tipplus should help you out if it's a deformity in the hub shell like that, assuming that's what it is. Were the bearings really easy to get in & out of the hub? I could pretty much get mine in by hand whereas normally you'd need a hammer to do so. So if they were too easy to get in/out, then it's very possible the seats are worn out.

Also, try calling them too instead of just emailing

|

6/19/2015 5:56 AM

I'd bet when you put new bearings in they weren't fully seated.

Just my guess.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/19/2015 9:40 AM

My bet is that the dg guards are causing the wobble

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

6/19/2015 9:47 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I'd bet when you put new bearings in they weren't fully seated.

Just my guess.

If they weren't fully seated then either the compression of the bolts would seat them or the wheel would barely spin, contrary to being loose. The only thing I can think of in relation to the bearing seats are if for some reason they are too far seated (improper machining, factory error) or they have worn/ovalized from maintenance or riding. I'm still assuming the axle is just a tad too long, it happens. Pretty sure someone on here's BSD hub was like that.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

6/19/2015 9:50 AM

Got ahold of tip and caleb told me he had the same issue just.crank the fuck out of it till they seat plus i got new forks where my pegs have extra clearance, so i think it was not fully seated/pegs giving a little but of a angle, thx alot everyone, i really appreciate all the help

|

6/19/2015 9:53 AM

alsd47 wrote:

Got ahold of tip and caleb told me he had the same issue just.crank the fuck out of it till they seat plus i got new forks ...more

"Crank the fuck out of it"
I'm assuming he doesn't work in the customer service department?

|

6/19/2015 10:02 AM

Go to tip plus site caleb quanbeck is one of the customer service representatives hes hella chill and he said if that didnt work hed warranty it

|

6/19/2015 10:09 AM

alsd47 wrote:

Go to tip plus site caleb quanbeck is one of the customer service representatives hes hella chill and he said if that didnt ...more

I just lost a lot of respect for primo then. A company should never advise you to "crank the fuck out of it." That's a great way to strip threads, maybe crush a guard (if it's aluminum), blow a bearing out, crack the internal spacer, maybe even the hubshell, etc. If anything he should have advised you to take it to a bike shop for further inspection. Especially considering everyone is their own person, how does he know your definition of "cranking the fuck out of it" isn't tightening it until it breaks?

|

6/19/2015 10:18 AM

Ever heard of a brearing press...?

|

6/19/2015 10:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/19/2015 10:23 AM

And besides i just said if that didnt work hed warranty it and give another one... no need to lose respect over it. And its cromoly and if you live in spokane u gotta spend 20min explaining what a freecoaster is bike shops here are shit not to meantion they sell all bmx parts in a tiny corner and o over price it, try spending 100 on federal bars

|