Pro Riders?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/4/2013 3:27 PM

"Pro"
I honestly think most pro's you see today are not pro's, because wouldn't you agree that if someone is a pro in bmx, just saying pro generalizes the fact that they ride professional in EVERY type of bmx, like let's say... Kyle Baldock or Daniel Sandoval they are one of those park riders that seem to throw every banger first if not second to a few tries, but do they ride street at the same level they do, or dirt, or flatland.... maybe yes maybe no. That is what I am getting at. Wouldn't you say that just saying that someone is "pro" means they ride everything at the same level from what they normally ride, yes I know there are riders that ride nearly, if not, do ride everything at the same, or near the same level and still are considered pro, as well as go big on the other stuff they ride. but would it be more safe to say that there is more of only different TYPES of pro's out there?

I am highly sure people will somehow get annoyed by this post, but I feel it is decent enough to debate about.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

12/4/2013 3:49 PM

I've seen kyle baldock pull a toothpick over 180 up a rail.... sooo yes i would say hes on the same level

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

12/4/2013 3:53 PM

I'd say pro means they can afford to pay the bills and make a living from riding, I could care less if Kyle baldock could do all the street shit that's why he gets payed the big bucks to throw bangers and win the big contests .......there's tons of pro street riders that still have to work a 9 to 5

|

12/4/2013 3:56 PM

In my mind, if you're a professional BMX rider, it simply means that you make a living from solely riding your bike. You provide for yourself, pay your rent, feed yourself, all with money earned by riding your BMX bike.

You'd be surprised at how many riders you might see as being "Pro" when in reality they're working a part-time job to get by.

Yes there are a lot of pros who do ride at the same level in every school of BMX, whether it be park, dirt, or street. But that DOES NOT mean that you have to be master-of-all to be a professional. You could be a professional flatland rider if that's how you make a living (winning contests and getting paid by your sponsors).

Some professionals might be better "all-around" riders, but that doesn't mean you have to be an "all-around" rider to be professional.

|

12/4/2013 4:18 PM

Alright alright, I guess I did not think about this enough, I see what you guys are saying.

Although I did know that "professional" bmx riders get paid, again I guess I did not think about this topic enough

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

12/4/2013 4:23 PM

What zach said.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/4/2013 4:35 PM

Who the fuck cares waht you ride , how you do it , or how good you are. I like BMX because its fun. Would I like being sponsored? Yes. Am I good enough? No. But I'm having fun so that doesn't matter !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short