Pro-tech helmets

Related:
Create New Tag

3/15/2017 3:01 PM

Are pro-tech helmets good for bmx? I got their classic one (50 dollars)... what are your guys' opinions on them?

|

3/15/2017 3:23 PM

moistureized wrote:

Are pro-tech helmets good for bmx? I got their classic one (50 dollars)... what are your guys' opinions on them?

Been riding them for three years, no complaints!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

3/15/2017 4:31 PM

Yup, I had a pro tech helmet for about 2 years. Got another one because the helmet wasn't technically mine haha. Just one thing to keep in mind when buying a helmet, ALWAYS make sure that it is certified! Certified helmets have been tested in simulations, and are made to hold up to crashes. Non-certified helmets aren't nearly as safe. But, a non certified helmet is better then nothing.

My point: always wear a certified helmet

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

3/15/2017 11:23 PM

Uncertified helmets are literally like wearing nothing in terms of impact protection. Someone post the Bell helmet vs the Protec Bucky video , please !

In all seriousness buy a helmet you like , if you want to wear it more , then it's doing its job . I actually tossed my old protec that wasn't certified on a roof and bought an S1

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/15/2017 11:33 PM

Protec helmets are solid as long as they are certified , the protec Bucky is not certified , the classic might be , it's been a long time since I've checked out the protec specs

|

3/16/2017 7:51 AM

Definetly stay away from it if it is not certified. I am pretty sure that it is not if I remember correctly. Just save up an extra 30 dollars and buy a poc crane pure. Most comfortable lightest helmet ever. You don't even know you are wearing it.

|

3/16/2017 2:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/17/2017 1:12 AM

I think that certified helmet is the smartest way to protect yourself. While no helmet will prevent all injuries, you’re far less likely to suffer from a serious head injury if you’re wearing a certified helmet. Also I want to say about Bell Helmet. I like its contemporary style, bright graphics and distinct lines and that the helmet is extremely lightweight, fully ventilated. If you need more information you can read this article http://bestadviser.net/reviews/features/properly-chosen-helmet-halfway-to-a-safe-ride/ Remember that the helmet should be safe, light and comfortable to protect your head and not to create extra disturbances during your ride.smile

|

3/16/2017 3:07 PM

I've hit my head not wearing a helmet and I've hit my head wearing a non certified helmet. I can tell you ANY helmet is better than no helmet. I've cracked and broken helmets and was able to walk away (with other body parts being broken but my head intact)

There is NO WAY I wouldn't have ended up with a (bad)concussion or in the hospital had I not been wearing a helmet.

I currently use a Bell Segment but I wore (and may go back to) Pro-Tec helmets for a long time. like, longer than you've been alive, long time.

|