Probably already been brought up....

Related:
Create New Tag

7/23/2012 10:31 PM

So I just got the newest Dan's Comp magazine (Late summer, been waiting like 3 months for it), and I noticed that they have a new Sunday complete that's $1,150. Anyone else think they're fucking high? Lol. It has alot of parts that aren't on any of the other completes however, so is it supposed to be their top of the line prototype or something? How long do you think it's gonna take to see some little spoiled kid that can barely hop riding one at the local park? Hahaha

|

7/23/2012 10:35 PM

Just noticed the We The People Envy for $1,035 too. Jesus! And I thought good completes were expensive last year! Lol

|

7/23/2012 10:48 PM

Photo
|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

7/23/2012 10:50 PM

pretty sure that sunday is ALL aftermarket. frame and all, haven't looked into it yet, but that is what the forecaster special was last year

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

7/23/2012 10:55 PM

Still cheaper than Australia. Be grateful.

|

7/23/2012 11:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2012 11:07 PM

its a full custom... nothing is skimped on. thats a good deal.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

7/23/2012 11:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2012 11:15 PM

It's really not that bad considering if you total up the cost of all the parts on say the Forecaster, it's well over what they want for it. Basically if you're gonna buy the same frame, wheels, cranks & forks that come on the forecaster special.. you might as well just buy the forecaster special bike anyway cause it'd almost be the same price and you get more. if that makes sense.

|

7/23/2012 11:27 PM

Yeah, that's all I figured it was. Still crazy to think about tho. Like I said, How long you think it'll take to see some little kid riding one at the park? Haha

|

7/23/2012 11:29 PM

carjakester wrote: Photo

That's why I made the title what it was. I'm sure this thread was started the day the bikes were put on their site. Lol

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

7/23/2012 11:46 PM

brianoob wrote:

Still cheaper than Australia. Be grateful.

Same with the UK. The Soundwave Special isn't out here yet, but the RRP for the Forecaster Special is the equivalent of $1,550.

|

7/23/2012 11:52 PM

Damn! Well I guess I have no room to bitch then. Alot of that is probably the fact that they just have to ship them over there. Lol. Either way, I still wouldn't drop that much money on a complete.

|

7/23/2012 11:53 PM

-Havok- wrote:

Yeah, that's all I figured it was. Still crazy to think about tho. Like I said, How long you think it'll take to see some little kid riding one at the park? Haha

i see kids all the time, thats like asking when the new iphone comes out, how long until you think someone has one? once they are put up for sale, people buy them

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

7/24/2012 7:35 AM

-Havok- wrote:

Damn! Well I guess I have no room to bitch then. Alot of that is probably the fact that they just have to ship them over there. Lol. Either way, I still wouldn't drop that much money on a complete.

You gotta realize that yes, it is a complete, but the parts on it are aftermarket, so spending more on an aftermarket setup is foolish if you buy those parts. They are trying to corner the market for kids who buy all those parts to be like aaron ross and hook them up a tad. It will keep happening.

Here is what the Forecaster Special has on it:

The 2012 Sunday Forecaster Special bike features the Sunday Forecaster aftermarket frame with an integrated headtube drilled for gyro tabs, Sunday Morning 2.1 fork, Odyssey Lincoln topload stem, 8.7" Sunday Tall-T chromoly bars, Sunday grips, Odyssey Evo 2 U-brake, Odyssey Monolever with Quik Slic cable, removable U-brake mounts, Odyssey Thunderbolt cranks with sealed Mid BB, 28T Sunday chainwheel, Odyssey V3 cassette hub with 9T driver, Odyssey Vandero 2 front hub, 36H Odyssey Hazard Lite rims, Odyssey Aaron Ross tires, KMC 510HX chain, Odyssey Senior 2 Pivotal seat and Odyssey Twisted PC pedals. (24.3 lbs)
Frame Specs
Toptube: 20.75"
Headtube Angle: 75°
Seattube Angle: 71°
BB Height: 11.5"
Chainstay: 13.25" (Slammed)

Handlebar Specs
Rise: 8.7"
Width: 28"
Backsweep: 12°
Upsweep: 4°

Upgrades over 2012 Sunday Aaron / Young Pro bikes

Sunday Forecaster frame
Sunday Morning 2.1 fork
Sunday Tall-T bars
Odyssey Lincoln stem
Removable brake mounts
Odyssey Hazard Lite rims

Basically it is pretty much fully aftermarket, just prebuilt for your riding pleasure. If you added up the cost of everything on the bike, you would easily clear the cost of the bike. Hell, the upgrades over the 2012 Sunday Aaron/Young bikes would be over 600 bucks alone, and that doesn't factor in the hubs, chain, sprocket, headset, brakes if you want em, lever, cable, spokes, tires, tubes, rim strips, pedals, cranks, BB, grips, and pegs. It's a budgeted setup that will be a great thing for a rider looking for a lot of good stuff in one go.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/24/2012 11:46 AM

My only concern is why they limit it to one size. The Soundwave Special would bring in more money if they offered, say, sizes like 20.5, 21, and 21.25 also. Limiting such a highend bike to one 20.75 size limits the amount of people who'd buy it.

|

7/24/2012 11:56 AM

marianoleonczik wrote:

My only concern is why they limit it to one size. The Soundwave Special would bring in more money if they offered, say, sizes like 20.5, 21, and 21.25 also. Limiting such a highend bike to one 20.75 size limits the amount of people who'd buy it.

Well they probably made it 20.75 becaue it is somewhat of a middle size.

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz