Probably going to get made fun of for this but oh whale

Related:
Create New Tag

10/16/2018 7:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2018 7:46 PM

So this really bad sounding noise is happening, and it's really annoying. It doesnt sounds right. My Dad's bike doesn't seem to make this noise.

So maybe y'all can see if your bikes make this noise? Becasue its annoying.

Also, it's not the gyro or brakes because the bike made the noise before I got brakes...

Thanks guys!
|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/16/2018 8:03 PM

You're over thinking your bike again.

|

fack off

10/16/2018 8:27 PM

Just ride the motherfucker. Looks like it's barely been ridden anyways ..if something cracks or breaks I'm sure it wont be anything that will kill you since your bike is made of high quality parts. If it's a bearing or something along those lines just ride it until it blows out and then replace it

|

10/16/2018 8:28 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

You're over thinking your bike again.

Yeah probably lol

|

10/16/2018 8:30 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

Just ride the motherfucker. Looks like it's barely been ridden anyways ..if something cracks or breaks I'm sure it wont be anything that will kill you since your bike is made of high quality parts. If it's a bearing or something along those lines just ride it until it blows out and then replace it

It actually has been ridden pretty good man. Just cuz it looks pretty in the pictures doesnt mean it looks all nice in person.

Also, what's wrong with having nice stuff? Is my bike just required to be treated like shit and beat up?

|

10/16/2018 8:34 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

It actually has been ridden pretty good man. Just cuz it looks pretty in the pictures doesnt mean it looks all nice in person.

Also, what's wrong with having nice stuff? Is my bike just required to be treated like shit and beat up?

I'm not saying it needs to be treated like shit. I dont treat my bike like shit but let me ask you something
With the small noise in question do you still trust your bike?
Like trust that while riding or trying a trick it wont fail you.
If you do then I really wouldn't worry about it.
Your bike is nice
Breaking something is another reason to get new stuff too so it's a win win

|

10/16/2018 8:39 PM

NateBrown62 wrote:

I'm not saying it needs to be treated like shit. I dont treat my bike like shit but let me ask you something
With the small noise in question do you still trust your bike?
Like trust that while riding or trying a trick it wont fail you.
If you do then I really wouldn't worry about it.
Your bike is nice
Breaking something is another reason to get new stuff too so it's a win win

I got what you're sayin man...

I think it's probably okay. My bike has always seemed to make this noise when other bikes (my Dad's and friends) don't seem to. And the fact I take better care of my bike than alot of other things bothers me why it makes this noise. Get what I'm sayin'?

|

10/16/2018 10:44 PM

Chain rattle? Honestly, I don't trust bikes that don't make any noise at all

|

10/17/2018 3:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2018 3:08 AM

I had a mystery noise that really puzzled me. It ended up being my U cable hanger bouncing and hitting the bottom of my top tube. I had it installed with the nut up towards the top so I flippped the U hanger with the nit facing down and now it’s gtg. The sound was a really distinct *TINK anytime I landed or hopped or hit a curb.

Also your video has too much echo. Take it outside on the concrete and find the noise that way.

|

10/17/2018 4:57 AM

Tough to say from your video.... Try taking another outside on some concrete or something.

|

10/17/2018 5:12 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Tough to say from your video.... Try taking another outside on some concrete or something.

Cool I will when I get home. Literally just got to school

|

10/17/2018 7:11 AM

This is what usually works for me with weird noises:
>Hear noise
>Be too lazy to figure out what it is
>A new weird noise appears
>Forget old one

|

10/17/2018 7:28 AM

Get a really loud cassette, that'll drown out the noise so you can forget about it

|

10/17/2018 7:31 AM

Dude, just ride- we get 3 threads a week about how you think your bike is messed up, then you go and tote how magnificent your parts are in other threads?

If it Goes forward just ride- I learned Hops and 180's on a bike with No bottom Bracket at all, Just a Spindle Jammed in some American BB Lock Nuts. It sounded like a garbage truck from a mile away and the spindle wobbled so you had to lean to the right when you pedaled otherwise the chain would pop off. Just ride yo, It's okay, you've invested enough money in your bike that it's not going to explode because it's making a small noise.

|

10/17/2018 7:50 AM

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/17/2018 8:01 AM

Phunny93 wrote:

Dude, just ride- we get 3 threads a week about how you think your bike is messed up, then you go and tote how magnificent your parts are in other threads?

If it Goes forward just ride- I learned Hops and 180's on a bike with No bottom Bracket at all, Just a Spindle Jammed in some American BB Lock Nuts. It sounded like a garbage truck from a mile away and the spindle wobbled so you had to lean to the right when you pedaled otherwise the chain would pop off. Just ride yo, It's okay, you've invested enough money in your bike that it's not going to explode because it's making a small noise.

Well when you're 15 and put like all your money into something you want it to be nice...

|

10/17/2018 8:06 AM

Phunny93 wrote:

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Well when you're 15 and put like all your money into something you want it to be nice...

Well it says in the title. You knew people would hate lol

|

10/17/2018 8:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2018 8:22 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

And it is, you actually have one the nicest MOST VIEWED Bike checks and it's a bike that's actually used constantly, not a show bike or a cruiser. I'm just saying you can check off the "nicest bike" Box.

EDIT: it's the 7th most liked bike on the site, and the most Commented on Bike on the site, and 43rd Most viewed(out of 8894 Bikes)

|

10/17/2018 8:22 AM

Something showed up in the mail today

|

10/17/2018 8:30 AM

My bike would keep you from getting sleep

My front hub kinda makes that noise too but it's the stock Mongoose wheel that's about to finally be replace with some customs shortly. I wouldn't sweat it until you know something is wrong...and you'll know.

|

10/17/2018 8:42 AM

If you can feel lateral motion when you rock the rim back and forth you have a problem. Otherwise, you’re good to go.

Bmx hubs tend not to have the ability to preload the bearings (Chris king being one exception). A little slop at the axle happens when you can’t tighten everything up as it wears in.

|

10/17/2018 8:43 AM

Phunny93 wrote:

And it is, you actually have one the nicest MOST VIEWED Bike checks and it's a bike that's actually used constantly, not a show bike or a cruiser. I'm just saying you can check off the "nicest bike" Box.

EDIT: it's the 7th most liked bike on the site, and the most Commented on Bike on the site, and 43rd Most viewed(out of 8894 Bikes)

Cool, cool I gotcha now... Thanks for that info on my bike check, never realized that lol

But yeah, I ride my bike everyday to do tricks and I'm not afraid to crash it or whatever, but I dont throw my bike or just throw it in the back of my truck. When I'm not riding my bike I take care of it alot lol

|

10/17/2018 8:56 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Cool, cool I gotcha now... Thanks for that info on my bike check, never realized that lol

But yeah, I ride my bike everyday to do tricks and I'm not afraid to crash it or whatever, but I dont throw my bike or just throw it in the back of my truck. When I'm not riding my bike I take care of it alot lol

If you look your bike is just behind Guys like Ryan Nyquist and Devon Smillie.

|

10/17/2018 8:58 AM

Phunny93 wrote:

If you look your bike is just behind Guys like Ryan Nyquist and Devon Smillie.

|

10/17/2018 9:16 AM

Phunny93 wrote:

Listen to this man

|

fack off

10/17/2018 9:21 AM

Wish I had a bike like that when I was 15..... Hell I wish I had a bike like that all through my 20's too (minus the gyro. Obvs :p)

|

10/17/2018 9:25 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Wish I had a bike like that when I was 15..... Hell I wish I had a bike like that all through my 20's too (minus the gyro. Obvs :p)

I'm sure we all do because most of us couldn't afford it or anything close

|

10/17/2018 9:33 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

NateBrown62 wrote:

I'm sure we all do because most of us couldn't afford it or anything close

I can't afford Jake's bike at 42.

|

10/17/2018 9:42 AM

The bike check has More to do with the poster than the bike I think. The more active you are the more likely someone’s going to comment. The more comments the more likely it is to get viewed. It’s really not a big deal.

I’ve always worked and in turn always had a killer rig, even as a teen. Depends what your priorities are really. I rode with kids on Walmart bikes and with kids who had parents that would build them up a new standard or T1 if the one they were on started looking used. Everyone’s situation is different.

Anyway, just ride it, you’ll either figure out something has worked itself loose or it’s hitting something differently than it was before. It’s going to be ok!

|

10/17/2018 10:27 AM

Scooters have less parts probably easier to deal with your problems there

|

account here is less about my and more about bike