Probably gonna get so much crap for this..but I need a good seat

Related:
Create New Tag

6/29/2011 1:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2011 1:19 AM

So yeah. Got that 24 DK Cygnus...slowly learning.
Having a blast. It's super fun and I've even ordered small things like nice grips, some new pedals, etc. from danscomp. Been riding day in and out and am attempting learning small tricks, but mainly having lotsa fun. Love this bike.

My one issue is this: When I ride....and please keep in mind its a cruiser and i do actually sit and ride a bit...the seat effing kills.

It's a little DK slim seat that's mega uncomfortable for me when I sit on it.

So does anyone know any nice comfy seats that wouldnt look too douchey on it? I know lotsa people are gonna be like, "WELL DONT SIT ON THE BIKE", but I do, and I like to, and its fun and this is my first bike, so please take it easy on me and just suggest the most comfy padded seat you can think of for a noob girl with a big ass.

appreciate everyone's opinion very much

Oh and if it comes in white....all the better.

|

6/29/2011 1:14 AM

well you can check out the macneil 2011 fat captital or the kink sexton
i personally own the sexton (its pretty comfy btw like really)

|

6/29/2011 1:18 AM

http://www.danscomp.com/shop-PARTS/SEATSWRAILS.html
Not alot of railed bmx seats to choose from these days.

|

6/29/2011 1:22 AM

bloghogs wrote:

I need a railed seat? sorry if i sound like a jackass asking this.

|

6/29/2011 1:23 AM

bloghogs wrote:

I would think this would be the best

|

6/29/2011 1:25 AM

Or swap out your seat post with a pivitol post.

|

6/29/2011 1:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2011 1:26 AM

you might just have to make the change to pivotal, it's like digital tv nowdays.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

6/29/2011 1:29 AM

whoops you mean railed??sorry for jumping the gun on pivitol seats but u should make a switch

|

6/29/2011 1:29 AM

bloghogs wrote:

Or swap out your seat post with a pivitol post.

gotcha.

|

6/29/2011 1:32 AM

Spenlard wrote:

you might just have to make the change to pivotal, it's like digital tv nowdays.

I can do that. If anyone knows any nice fat railed seats, that would work too..save me 25 bucks.
but if need be, I can just convert over to pivotal. Suggestions for either type are great.

|

6/29/2011 10:34 AM

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

well you can check out the macneil 2011 fat captital or the kink sexton
i personally own the sexton (its pretty comfy btw like really)

The sexton is really nice looking.

|

6/29/2011 10:36 AM

|

6/29/2011 10:38 AM

Kink Sexton

Untied Beacon

Shadow Crow

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

6/29/2011 10:39 AM

oh wow..that's a neat idea.

|

6/29/2011 10:41 AM

Boots wrote: This would be your best bet

veronicaanon wrote:

Cant adjust it sad

|

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

6/29/2011 10:56 AM

Boots wrote: This would be your best bet

veronicaanon wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

Cant adjust it sad

no?? damn....im very big on tweaking stuff..

|

6/29/2011 10:58 AM

veronicaanon wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

Cant adjust it sad

veronicaanon wrote:

no?? damn....im very big on tweaking stuff..

yea you can only adjust height on that seat. post and seat are on big piece of plastic. get a pivitol, best way to go.

|

6/29/2011 11:06 AM

Hmm..Ok I want to place my order tonight after I carefully weigh over each seat. If the seat I like is pivotal, I'll just toss in a seat post and go the pivotal route.

Any other recommendations for a super padded and wide-ish seat?

|

6/29/2011 11:09 AM

veronicaanon wrote:

Hmm..Ok I want to place my order tonight after I carefully weigh over each seat. If the seat I like is pivotal, I'll just toss in a seat post and go the pivotal route.

If you want a nice padded one the Macneil seat looks good, my friend has one and he likes it.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/29/2011 11:19 AM

veronicaanon wrote:

shadow crow, kink sexton

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

6/29/2011 1:15 PM

I believe if we can see a picture of your ass we can better our help to you in your seat decision... Just sayin...

|

[LINK TO IMAGE] 
Just for the record, when I got my BTM... It wasn't "Trendy"

6/29/2011 1:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2011 1:29 PM

traviswooten727 wrote:

I believe if we can see a picture of your ass we can better our help to you in your seat decision... Just sayin...

this, but anyways.
http://www.fbmbmx.com/products/components/heart-seat.php
it is kinda a size thing so he is rightt wink

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

6/29/2011 3:32 PM

traviswooten727 wrote:

just made my day Travis! Go with The United Becon or Shadow Crow. the sexton is too hard to find.

|

6/29/2011 3:48 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/WTB-Jaxon-V-BMX-DH-Saddle-CrMo-Rails-435g-Grey-w-Camo-/270754391781#ht_2288wt_859

This thing is ugly as sin, but it's white and comfy..Should I add this to the list of possibilities?

So far I'm stuck between the sexton and the macneill and this one.

|

6/29/2011 4:13 PM

BSD Slinger :D

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

6/29/2011 6:16 PM

United beacon or the FBM heart look good. Shadow crow is always a good decision.

|

6/29/2011 6:22 PM

please post pics of your bicycle.

|

6/29/2011 6:26 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

And ass....

|

[LINK TO IMAGE] 
Just for the record, when I got my BTM... It wasn't "Trendy"

6/29/2011 6:40 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

haha. no ass pics. Just picture your average hispanic 20 something. that's my ass.

will post bike pics as soon as i put anything other than the stock stuff already on there. right now it looks exactly like this. http://www.vitalbmx.com/product/guide/Bikes,6/DK/Cygnus-24,2054

|

6/29/2011 6:45 PM

What kind of small tricks are you trying to learn?

|