Problem fitting Odyssey Elementary V3 Stem...

Related:
Create New Tag

7/3/2008 3:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 4:32 PM

Hi,

I've just joined the forum and I was wondering if anybody had experienced any difficulty fitting the Odyssey Elementary V3 Stem.

I only tried fitting it yesterday and I've followed the instructions and greased the parts that I was told to do so but when I place all the bits together and screw the 'Helicoil Thread Wedge' together I can't get the 2 wedge pieces to go in nice and flush with the stem and they stick out on either side.

I've checked that all the pieces are in the right place and the right way up so I'm not to sure whether this is what happens sometimes with different handle bars/forks etc. or it should always screw in properly/flush. I have looked in the web for pics of bikes and all of them seem to have the 'Helicoil Thread Wedge's' screwed in nice and flush which seems to lead me to believe that I'm doing something wrong.

I did notice in the instructions that the handle bars are placed downwards whilst fitting, is this important as I kept mine up?

Any help/ideas would be greatfully received.

Fork - Odyssey director
Handle bar - S&M Slam XLT
Frame - Sunday 2nd Wave Ian Schwartz

Cheers
Drasik

|

7/3/2008 6:08 AM

the wedhes are suppsed to stick out on the side, thats how i used to ride mine

|

ride often ride always

7/4/2008 12:37 AM

Thanks Mate!!

I guess thats the way it works then.

Cheers for helping me out on this issue.

Drasik

|

7/4/2008 12:38 AM

the wedges can stick out as long as the bars dont slip...i have the v2 and its the same thing but mines 8 oz. and the v3 is 8.3 oz..same shit...i run slam xlts also perfect fit my wedges stick out jus a lil bit

|