Problem with GSport PLEGs

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2016 8:26 AM

Threw a pair of the new PLEGs on my front end and when I went to take them off after about 2weeks, the grind side peg was bent just enough that I couldn't slide the ratchet over the bolt in the peg. Anyone have this problem before and how did you fix it? Pretty much I can't take my wheel off cuz I can't get to the nut to loosen it ciz the peg is bent. I tried bending it back but no success.

|

9/3/2016 9:34 AM

Sometimes you can grab the peg and twist it to loosen the axle nut. This depends on how tight the wheel is though.

|

9/3/2016 8:36 PM

Maybe get I separate ratchet tool and see if you can slam it hard enough to bend the metal up where you can grip the nut to take it off . Get like a pole or something long and hammer that with the tool inside so you don't fuck the actual ratchet up

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/4/2016 6:36 AM

Yeah use a hammer
Or if all else fails drill a hole thru the peg and stick a shaft or piece of rebar thru it and twist it off

|

Dax in NYC
MD & Flatland rider

9/4/2016 9:09 AM

Thanks guys. I opted for pounding the ratchet head in till it was able get around the nut. Turns out it wasn't bent. It was actually loose and the peg had only pushed like a mm but that was just enough to keep the edge of the ratchet from slipping over the nut. All worked out though. Thanks for the ideas.

|

9/6/2016 12:25 PM

I have a 5 year old set of Plegs without a single issue...I don't understand how you did that.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura