Profile Crank Help

Related:
Create New Tag

5/4/2013 2:32 PM

So i was riding today and on the way home noticed the bolt on the drive side was way loose,, and the bearings were hanging on it. I realigned the bearings and tightened the bolt as much as i could with my fingers. I managed to make it home ok, but here are my questions/concerns. How much (if any) damage could have been done to the cranks, sprocket, or bottom bracket? (it was on the drive side of my cranks). I know theres a Profile crank installer on dans comp, will i need this or will an allen wrench work? Also, i have the LHD Profile GDH bolt drive cranks, if that helps

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

5/4/2013 2:42 PM

I think the cranks would use a normal allen wrench. I would tighten them up and wait and see if they make any weird noises or anything.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/5/2013 12:21 PM

So I tried a few different Allen wrenches and none of em fit, found the crank installer and that didn't fit. I think I'm just gonna take it to the LBS next weekend and have em check it out

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

5/5/2013 12:28 PM

I think Profiles use Imperial Allen Inserts, 1/4" or something like that.

|

5/5/2013 4:34 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Didn't they recently switch to the metric system?

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

5/5/2013 11:48 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

andyferly wrote:

Didn't they recently switch to the metric system?

Yes, but chances are these are before that.

|

5/5/2013 11:59 PM

Profile GDH cranks use a 7mm allen key if I'm not mistaken.

Damage to your BB shouldn't be any at all, and to your cranks, well that's hard to say. I know if you ride them like that for awhile it can wear your splines out, but idk how long or hard you rode. If it wasn't long or hard (giggity) then it shouldn't be anything to worry about, if it was long & hard (giggity x2) then you could have damaged your splines making it more prone to developing the dreaded "profile wobble"

|