Profile Cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2016 8:30 PM

What profile cranks would you recommend for street riding, I have heard mixed reviews about the columns and GDH. Has anyone ridden them or know someone that has, if so how do they hold up?

|

2/10/2016 8:43 PM

I had two pairs of GDH. Worst cranks I've ever rode.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

2/10/2016 8:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2016 8:46 PM

Stop making thounds of threads you just ask the same question about cranks no need to make a new one. Plus they a'll said thunderbolt didn't you see your last thread guess not since you made a new one

|

2/10/2016 8:50 PM

Lupton8276 wrote:

Stop making thounds of threads you just ask the same question about cranks no need to make a new one. Plus they a'll said ...more

I obviously saw it, no need to be a cunt about it.

|

2/10/2016 8:54 PM

Is Lupton8276 four? All the sudden four pops back from the dead and lupton8276 is trolling away

|

2/10/2016 9:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2016 9:13 PM

Lupton8276 wrote:

Stop making thounds of threads you just ask the same question about cranks no need to make a new one. Plus they a'll said ...more

Horse123 wrote:

I obviously saw it, no need to be a cunt about it.

Well maybe if you wasn't a impatient little brat have just waited for more people to answers your question about cranks then they Would give you a answers and they said thunderbolt. All you had to do is just wait about five minutes for a answers then you could of said hey guys what do you think about profile cranks in the same threads then they will answers that question to. But no you just had to hard headed little punk that can't wait five minutes for a answers.angry

|

2/10/2016 9:22 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Is Lupton8276 four? All the sudden four pops back from the dead and lupton8276 is trolling away

If four were trolling it would be a lot funnier...

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/10/2016 9:22 PM

I have run profile cranks since i got off stock redline cranks in the early 2000s. Iv owned three sets of profile cranks; some magnatanium race cranks, some chromoly race cranks, and a set of SS cranks. I have never had any problem with them except for the magna cranks which i would always had to locktite get them to stay tight. Other than that all have been great, never snapped, never bent. I have never owned Columns or GDHs so i can't say anything about those but Columns will probably be the next cranks i get.
Profile customer service is also great. I haven't had to call up Profile about cranks but when i wore out the teeth where the pawls catch on the inside of my mini hub, i was able to send in the wheel and they used a tool to press into the hub shell and reshape the metal teeth within the shell. They saved me a ton of money in not having to buy a new hub. Only downside is Profile replacement parts can be pretty expensive.

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green

2/10/2016 9:29 PM

Lupton8276 wrote:

You really are the last person who should be bitching about threads. You can ignore whatever Lupton says, he has had his bike since Christmas and has a clear mental handicap.

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green

2/10/2016 9:32 PM

Jordan, get thunderbolts or demolition rigs. Or just keep riding your stolens till something bad happens.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

2/10/2016 9:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2016 9:37 PM

Lupton8276 was dropped on his head as a small child , then picked up and dropped on his head again , multiple times over , now he rides the short bus

|

2/10/2016 10:29 PM

Profile seems legit . I'd like a pair . I think some people might have average cranks issues and just over - bitch because "Profile" has been hyped as a luxury brand or something and everyone expects them to be nukeproof.

48 splines coming loose ? Fucking Profile , fuckers can't design a spindle *makes thread*

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/10/2016 10:43 PM

I've had a few pairs of profiles with no complaints. I've got the ghd's now and they're fine. I had twombolts for a bit and they felt solid, but i just prefer the feel of profiles. Everyone seems to know someone that's snapped an arm, but if you think how long they've been making them, and how many pairs there must be out there, the percentage that break is tiny

|

2/11/2016 6:03 AM

Had Profiles for 4 years without any issues, honestly the best cranks you can buy for the price.
Only reason I replaced them was because I wanted shorter crank arms.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

2/11/2016 2:02 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Hahaha not me man.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

2/11/2016 4:11 PM

Everyone will have different experiences with the variety of cranks. That being said I plan to get a Ti spindle and other parts for my Profile cranks and Madera parts for Peglessus. Just wanna go all out; I know it's not necessary.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

2/11/2016 4:24 PM

I ran GDH's for a while, and the ONLY issue I had was that on a rare occasion I had to snug the non-drive bolt. I've had the same issue with just about every crank I have run ever, so I wouldn't chalk it up to being Profile cranks.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/12/2016 6:27 AM

I've been running 19mm spindle Profiles for over 15 years and never have had one single problem with them. I tried the columns for one summer and went back to my GDHs. The columns look and feel beefy and SOLID but I like the sleekness of the GDH better, it's also just what I'm used to riding. Once you go spline drive though you will never go back. I would reccomend the GDH over the COLUMNS because I think it's just added unecessary wieght.

|

2/12/2016 4:17 PM

those new chrome maderas are sexy as hell.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands