Profile Cranks Break?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/24/2011 8:27 PM

My friend told me that he has heard of a lot of profile cranks breaking and that he has seen videos, so I would like to know do they really break that much and I haven't heard any bad things about them other from him and I've tried to search for videos,blogs, etc. about them breaking but have yet to find one that says that they break fairly easy. Does anyone know if they last long or if they really do break easy because if they do then I'm just going to get fly or subrosa cranks.

|

Just ride.

10/24/2011 8:28 PM

Get Subrosa Bitchin Cranks.

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

10/24/2011 8:30 PM

Mattix wrote:

I might but I want to know how good profiles are first.

|

Just ride.

10/24/2011 8:30 PM

Everything breaks and because lots of people own profiles there tends to be more broken crank stories about them. I personally believe Profile makes top-notch American made parts and if I was to build a dream bike it would have Profiles on it no doubt.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
Refs: ScramHype, Wade, jwnolte, beastassdick, ///digitalme, iridebmx2122

10/24/2011 8:31 PM

profile cranks are like 30 years old a pair is bound to break? plus theyre light af so what do you think? just get a pair if they havent broken down on you then stfu

|

refs: moyboy5, Gucci Mane La Flurr, jbeaton13, tinybikerider33, Lee_Rager,TCbmx, ultra blade, TerrorCrew, ~Stolen Boy~, bstick, ScramHype, AO8, Austin_Read
Albe's nigglets..

10/24/2011 8:32 PM

Nick Peterson wrote:

IDK how hard you ride, but breaking cranks isn't easy. If you have doubts of something then dont go for it :p

|

Turn Around & Take It Like a Champ.
Badass Rap Songs
I has multiple refs.

10/24/2011 8:33 PM

Profiles are strong as fuck, but everything breaks.

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

10/24/2011 8:36 PM

Mattix wrote:

Nick Peterson wrote:

Mattix wrote:

IDK how hard you ride, but breaking cranks isn't easy. If you have doubts of something then dont go for it :p

I don't ride that hard but I do mess up a lot haha. I guess I would say I ride my bike a little hard but not like extremely hard.

|

Just ride.

10/24/2011 8:36 PM

Austin_Read wrote:

Profiles are strong as fuck, but everything breaks.

dat

|

10/24/2011 8:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/24/2011 8:39 PM

I love my profiles. Not 1 problem whatsoever, and I've been running them ehh 10 months now?

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

10/24/2011 8:40 PM

Profiles are nice. Some people prefer 22mm spindles or pinch bolts or differen designs
I personally like profile, but really like my new demolitions a bit more. I would recommend the revolts if you don't mind a few extra ounces

|

10/25/2011 3:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/25/2011 3:33 AM

Lemme break down the crank game for you, Profile originated the "19mm 48 spline" crank so anything of that nature is bastard child copy of that design.

Now as far as other crank types if you like 22mm spindles you get Primo Hollowbites(Ugly to some people), Eclats, or maybe give the Odyssey Thunderbolts a try.

Both Profile and Odyssey have great warranty programs and if there are any problems with your parts they can help you out.

|

kore bike

10/25/2011 6:58 AM

Profiles are for cunts, get thunderbolts, tibias or teams.

|

Refs: Wade. Beastassdick. ScramHype Lee_Rager(x7) Spikez5 TCBmx Dolphin
With seller feedback and ref on Bmx-forum.com and PBNation.com. WhiteKinght

10/25/2011 7:02 AM

Proflies or madera both such a good crank i have rode both of them profiles for 3 years no problems and madera for a month or so no problems

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

10/25/2011 10:08 AM

my profiles ae going to be 2 years old this christmas. i dont see myself changing them anytime soon.

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

10/25/2011 1:00 PM

Droogskull wrote:

Eclats are good too I had them but some old guy threw my bike out from leaned against sheetz and ran it over like 5 times in the parking lot while I was inside.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

10/25/2011 1:32 PM

Spenlard wrote:

Eclats are good too I had them but some old guy threw my bike out from leaned against sheetz and ran it over like 5 times in the parking lot while I was inside.

da fuck?

profiles are solid, all my bros and i have them, one friend bent an arm, and they warrentied it, i just flatend 4 or so splines on my ti spindle and it was a giggley, but i rotated both cranks and its fine so far

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

10/25/2011 1:52 PM

Droogskull wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

Warchol2 wrote:

da fuck?

profiles are solid, all my bros and i have them, one friend bent an arm, and they warrentied it, i just flatend 4 or so splines on my ti spindle and it was a giggley, but i rotated both cranks and its fine so far

Yeah, they're pretty chill. Mine didn't come with the SAE wrench for some reason, so they sent me one no questions asked.

|

10/25/2011 2:00 PM

I know more people that have broken Profile cranks than any other product on the market, but Profile cranks are probably the most popular product on the market as well...

|

10/25/2011 2:05 PM

Spenlard wrote:

Yeah, they're pretty chill. Mine didn't come with the SAE wrench for some reason, so they sent me one no questions asked.

thats one thing about profiles i hate, every pair i come across has different bolt sizes

my GDHs had 7mm, while ive heard of some having 8

Have a ti spindle now and regular non hollow bolts, they are 5/16,

all my friends regular bolts are 6mm

it pisses me off cuase i help out at a bike shop and everytime i go to take some off i guess the wrong damn size

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

10/25/2011 3:07 PM

Warchol2 wrote:

thats one thing about profiles i hate, every pair i come across has different bolt sizes

it pisses me off cuase i help out at a bike shop and everytime i go to take some off i guess the wrong damn size

my maderas came with some weeiiirdd size allan key and its the only thing that fits it.. so i better not loose that puppy..

|

10/25/2011 3:18 PM

... i got some for sale smile

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

10/25/2011 3:41 PM

Nothing is wrong with my Eastern 720s after two years...

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

10/25/2011 4:25 PM

Every crank will break eventually

|

twitter

PROBZ

10/25/2011 7:02 PM

ive got a pair thats over six yrs old im 240 lbs ride hard and still not one single issue, when these break i will defintly get another pair............

|

i will never die, my world will only end...[[[REFS,,, showtime402, _brendan

10/25/2011 8:50 PM

Spenlard wrote:

Warchol2 wrote:

SoCalShreds wrote:

my maderas came with some weeiiirdd size allan key and its the only thing that fits it.. so i better not loose that puppy..

hahaha my GDH profiles have 8mm bolts.

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

10/25/2011 8:54 PM

My friend had profiles since June and he already wobbled out the crank and he weighs about 140 and he be hitting the sets all day son..

|

10/25/2011 9:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/25/2011 9:06 PM

[LINK TO IMAGE]

bent this set. and broke previous set
|

10/25/2011 9:49 PM

Droogskull wrote:

This guy is a moron.

I have a set of Profiles, weigh 220+, land hard and have no issues. This is actually the ONLY set I have had from brand new. I ran two different sets (aside from my current set) over the years (Been riding longer than most of the kids on here have been using a toilet) and each other set was at least 3rd hand, meaning I was AT LEAST the 3rd person to run them, never once have I had an issue with bends or breaks.

I have had an issue with their choice to use ridiculous sized allen wrenches though. They run a 7mm for the spindle bolt and a 5.5 mm for the sprocket bolt. I suggest going spline drive for that reason.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/25/2011 9:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/25/2011 9:50 PM

Yeah dude profiles are legit.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.