Profile High Flange Driver

Related:
Create New Tag

1/19/2016 2:48 PM

I currently have a profile high flange with 14t but want a 9t driver on it. Does anyone know if a 4-pawl 1-piece cassette driver for a mini will work on a high flange hub?

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green

1/19/2016 3:02 PM

Yeah they work smile

|

1/19/2016 3:06 PM

Yea, I have a ti 9t driver I put in my SS cassette that also worked in a Mini hub that I had.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/19/2016 9:12 PM

As far as the pawls and springs-- I plan on pulling some out of an old mini driver, but inside the hub between the bearing and the driver there are metal shavings inside. How can i tell if my pawls and springs are good to be used with a new driver? Do the pawls and springs only need replacement if they are cracked or broken? Or if it was the pawls and springs that caused the shavings does that mean they need replacement?

|

1/19/2016 10:30 PM

You can only really tell by visible damage. However, the primo spring and pawl kit fits, and costs a quarter of the price so it might be worth getting it and replacing them

|

1/19/2016 10:45 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

You can only really tell by visible damage. However, the primo spring and pawl kit fits, and costs a quarter of the price so ...more

this.

They should all look like this, with a fairly sharp edge, if it's chewed up then it needs replaced

Photo

the springs should look like this, if they're deformed or anything then they need replaced as well. Also press on the pawls to make sure the springs are still good, they should give a somewhat firm spring back but if they don't then they could stand to be replaced as well.

Photo

|

1/20/2016 7:49 AM

Nice thanks for the info guys. Definitely going to go with the primos. $10 can't beat that.

|

1/20/2016 2:28 PM

Cedrik Storm wrote:

Nice thanks for the info guys. Definitely going to go with the primos. $10 can't beat that.

Exactly.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura