Profile Hub Problem!

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2013 5:25 PM

*I think I posted in the wrong section before
So today when I went to do a smith, my front wheel started to rub. This has happened before so I went to go fix it like usual but this time i'm confused. I have a Profile Mini (female) hub and I can only loosen and take out the one side bolt, the other will not come out and it spins the cone spacer with it. I made a video of the problem. Is my axle screwed..

|

6/5/2013 6:50 PM

put it back on forks and tighten down. remove the stubborn side first all the way out. then remove the smooth side. then check the axle for stripping/ cross threading

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/5/2013 6:55 PM

tomdon wrote:

put it back on forks and tighten down. remove the stubborn side first all the way out. then remove the smooth side. then check the axle for stripping/ cross threading

Yeah but the stubborn side is just about 1mm to thin to fit the on the fork because I can't loosen it/the peg at all. I tried, hammered down on the peg and tightening but it doesn't go all the way down and slides out.

|

6/5/2013 7:15 PM

put the other side in one of the dropouts then loosen the stubborn side, think thats what he ment

|

6/5/2013 7:18 PM

Caelum Persson wrote:

put the other side in one of the dropouts then loosen the stubborn side, think thats what he ment

Not what I meant but that's gonna be the answer to this problem

|

6/5/2013 7:22 PM

Caelum Persson wrote:

Can you explain a little better

|

6/5/2013 7:29 PM

put the good side in the dropout and tighten it so the bolt is on the inside of forks and the wheel is on the out side. tighten it good. then try to loosen the stubborn side

|