Profile Hub Spacer Shim

Related:
Create New Tag

5/15/2016 4:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/15/2016 4:17 AM

Would the profile spacer shim fit in the premium samsara front hub? My front wheel has a bit of play side to side, like a fraction of a cm, its really annoying and causes the most annoying rattle sound ever. I've tooken apart my wheel havent seen any problems so I think a spacer like the problems with profile hubs will fix it.

|

5/15/2016 9:47 AM

It might, depends how much play there is and if the profile spacer is thick enough. It could also be that one or both of your bearings have gone. Find a washer that fits snug over the axle and see if that helps, it doesn't have to be a perfect fit as you can use it to determine what the issue is and go from there

|

5/15/2016 11:03 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

It might, depends how much play there is and if the profile spacer is thick enough. It could also be that one or both of your ...more

I've already tried that, I put a spacer in between the press on cone and the drop out at each side and between the female bolt head and dropout on the outside when tightening the bolt and it still makes the noise and has bit of play.

|

5/15/2016 12:20 PM

Put one on the axle, between the shoulder the inner bearing race sits on, and the bearing. It won't matter if the washer's a bit wide. If it stops the wobble you can find one a better fit after. If it doesn't stop the wobble your bearings need replacing.

|

5/15/2016 1:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/15/2016 1:08 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Put one on the axle, between the shoulder the inner bearing race sits on, and the bearing. It won't matter if the washer's a ...more

What do you mean the axle? The hub is female, so do you mean the axle bolt or the centre axle the bolt threads into? as I don't get what you mean

|

5/15/2016 2:31 PM

The axle itself, the spacer goes behind the bearing. Needs to be a snug fit on the axle so the inner race contacts it and fills the worn out space on the inside of the hub shell.

|

5/16/2016 12:29 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

The axle itself, the spacer goes behind the bearing. Needs to be a snug fit on the axle so the inner race contacts it and ...more

Yeah that's why I was wondering if the profile one would fit as I was going to do that but I'll easily have one that'll fit in my garage

|