Profile/Madera Warranty?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/20/2014 2:55 PM

Well upon tightening my stem today after adjusting my bars my stem bolt snapped. sad It was not being tightened super hard either. I am fairly upset because i LOVED this stem. It still works, but i need to know if Profile and Madera are good about warranties? I have had it since July. Under a year, so do you think they'll help me out?

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

4/20/2014 3:19 PM

It's a bolt. Get a replacement at your local Home Depot/Lowes/Ace Hardware/True Value/Doit Best.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

4/20/2014 3:27 PM

Is the bolt stuck in the stem?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/20/2014 3:27 PM

I had a bolt hole strip out and they replaced my stem, but if I broke a bolt I would just go to a hardware store and get a replacement for like 50 cents.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/20/2014 4:07 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

I had a bolt hole strip out and they replaced my stem, but if I broke a bolt I would just go to a hardware store and get a ...more

I can't the damn thing is stuck!!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

4/20/2014 4:07 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Yes! There was no way to get it out.

|

4/20/2014 4:27 PM

Hammer a slightly bigger Allen key into the bolt and try that, if not drill the bolt out.

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

4/20/2014 4:39 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

Yes! There was no way to get it out.

I bet I could. It is a hollow bolt?

Find an allen that is about the size of the hole and slide it in. Then hold the allen at a slight angle and see if you can muscle it out.

If not, get a drill and an easy out kit.

Sometimes if the bolt breaks a certain way you can use a screwdriver to loosen it too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/20/2014 5:10 PM

They generally use solid bolts. If you ask them to warranty it they will most likely tell you to take it to your lbs and have them remove the bolt.

If there is ANY bolt hanging out, take a saw to it and cut a slit in the bolt and use a flathead screwdriver to remove it.

Profile/Madera do not make majority of their hardware including stem bolts. They receive them in mass quantity from the same people who stock hardware stores. You can get the exact same bolt from a hardware store for around $1.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/20/2014 5:40 PM

Ressler711 wrote:

Hammer a slightly bigger Allen key into the bolt and try that, if not drill the bolt out.

No, it is a solid bolt and the other half is stuck inside. I tried to get it out, but it is flat and in there.

|

4/20/2014 5:41 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

They generally use solid bolts. If you ask them to warranty it they will most likely tell you to take it to your lbs and have ...more

Yeah and idk if they'll do that, i will ask my LBS but generally they tell me (politely) to f*** off. haha By saying "we dont deal with BMX" Makes me sad.

|

4/20/2014 9:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2014 9:42 PM

Use something that is roughly the same size as the bolt hole and preferably with a handle, superglue it in there let it dry undo the bolt/ simple, dunk the bolt in petrol let it sit for a couple mins remove the bolt the salvage the object you used to remove the bolt with.

|

4/21/2014 6:55 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

They generally use solid bolts. If you ask them to warranty it they will most likely tell you to take it to your lbs and have ...more

MaximusBikes wrote:

Yeah and idk if they'll do that, i will ask my LBS but generally they tell me (politely) to f*** off. haha By saying "we dont ...more

Tell them that they are losing business. Many BMXers get a mountain bike or road bike to keep their legs strong, and to explore other aspects of cycling, and by ignoring you now (even for service) they are drastically limiting their customer base, thus limiting their income.

BMX riders typically have the largest percent of their income as expendable, meaning even if they make less, they can spend a larger percentage of what they make on parts etc.

Sure, road bikes and MTBs cost a lot, but road maintenance is minimal, so if that is all they offer, they are not bringing in much.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura