Profile cranks coming loose

Related:
Create New Tag

10/20/2014 8:53 AM

I have spline drive profile cranks and they keep coming loose on me. I never had this problem before but when i swapped frames it started to happen i have a dk team frame now any suggestions?

|

10/20/2014 8:55 AM

More spacers

|

It’s all bmx

10/20/2014 10:51 AM

Add a spacer and tighten the fuck out of those whores.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/20/2014 12:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/20/2014 12:40 PM

Adding spacers will only cause it to come lose easier and the less crank arm thats on the spindle will cause other issues

I suggest getting some lock tight for the bolts red stuff should do the trick

Edited due to #retardphone

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

10/20/2014 1:05 PM

Could be a number of problems.

-could be your internal spacer (long tube spacer inside the bb shell) is too short for this frame and not making proper contact.
-could be the new frame's bb shell is more narrow causing your crank arm bolts to bottom out on the spindle, in which case you just need to add more spacers to take up that gap
-could be the new frame's bb shell is too wide and you have too many spacers, in which case remove some

there's a few other things it could be, but those are the ones that it could be since you swapped frames

|