Profile mini help.

Related:
Create New Tag

9/14/2013 10:50 PM

alright so im going to update my bike real soon and was wondering if the profile minis would fit on my bike. im running cinema 333 wheels front and back and im building a wheelset with primo balance 7005 rims and profile mini gator hubs. my old wheelset is 14mm and the profiles are 3/8. would the profiles fit my bike? and when i buy the profile minis would i need anything extra i have to buy other then the profile cassette cog im getting? (changing yellow parts to green) http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/426170/Profile_LE_Mini_Cassette_Hubs.html Photo

|

9/14/2013 11:01 PM

Yes they fit.

|

9/14/2013 11:03 PM

Scenekid69 wrote:

Yes they fit.

okay but other then buying a cog like they told me what else do i need to buy? or is there nothing else needed?

|

9/14/2013 11:06 PM

Scenekid69 wrote:

Yes they fit.

nazdel wrote:

okay but other then buying a cog like they told me what else do i need to buy? or is there nothing else needed?

If you're buying new hubs why get a cog?

|

9/14/2013 11:08 PM

Scenekid69 wrote:

Yes they fit.

nazdel wrote:

Scenekid69 wrote:

http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/426170/Profile_LE_Mini_Cassette_Hubs.html it doesnt come with a cog apparently.

|

9/15/2013 12:07 AM

Fore those particular hubs you will need a Cog that goes on to the Driver, which will mean you will need at least a 12t (or possibly 11t, I'm not sure) Cog. And the 3/8" Hubs will work in a 14mm Dropout if you use axle adaptors. However almost all other 3/8" Female Hubs won't need adaptors (The only other Hub for freestyle that needs adaptors I can think of at the moment is a version of the BSD Backstreet Hub).

|

9/15/2013 12:19 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Fore those particular hubs you will need a Cog that goes on to the Driver, which will mean you will need at least a 12t (or ...more

damn i wanted a 9t. do you think they could change it to 14mm cause i dont want it denting but i like the gator color. and theres no way i can get a 9t?

|

9/15/2013 12:23 AM

Buy them from the profile website and I'm sure youl be able to get the rear in 14mm Gdh and 9t

|

9/15/2013 12:24 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Fore those particular hubs you will need a Cog that goes on to the Driver, which will mean you will need at least a 12t (or ...more

nazdel wrote:

damn i wanted a 9t. do you think they could change it to 14mm cause i dont want it denting but i like the gator color. and ...more

3/8" Female Bolts are actually pretty strong. And you don't seem to run pegs so it wouldn't be a problem anyway. But you can buy a 14mm Male Axle and you can buy a 9t Driver but to get both of them will cost I'm sure at least $100.

|

9/15/2013 12:26 AM

Caelum Persson wrote:

Buy them from the profile website and I'm sure youl be able to get the rear in 14mm Gdh and 9t

im actually building a custom wheel so im having them lace it (its free)

|

9/15/2013 12:27 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

nazdel wrote:

damn i wanted a 9t. do you think they could change it to 14mm cause i dont want it denting but i like the gator color. and ...more

BMX_Forever wrote:

3/8" Female Bolts are actually pretty strong. And you don't seem to run pegs so it wouldn't be a problem anyway. But you can ...more

yeah i dont grind. but i do bunny hop high and land hard on it coming out of the bowl etc. do you think 3/8 is fine? and the real question it will fit fine on my frame and forks right?

|

9/15/2013 12:29 AM

nazdel wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

3/8" Female Bolts are actually pretty strong. And you don't seem to run pegs so it wouldn't be a problem anyway. But you can ...more

nazdel wrote:

yeah i dont grind. but i do bunny hop high and land hard on it coming out of the bowl etc. do you think 3/8 is fine? and the ...more

Yeah if you don't grind it won't be a problem. The Front one will fit fine but you'll need Axle Adaptors for the rear.

|

9/15/2013 12:32 AM

nazdel wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

nazdel wrote:

yeah i dont grind. but i do bunny hop high and land hard on it coming out of the bowl etc. do you think 3/8 is fine? and the ...more

I run the 3/8 ones axle with adapters and it holds up fine. I think they would have a 9t option if u buy the hub separately rather then as the pair.

|

9/15/2013 12:34 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

nazdel wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Yeah if you don't grind it won't be a problem. The Front one will fit fine but you'll need Axle Adaptors for the rear.

cant buy separately they dont sell gator rear only front idk why. how much is adapter? and why would i only need a rear and not front?

|

9/15/2013 12:36 AM

dropouts in the rear are 14mm but most dropouts in forks there days are 10mm adapter is about $10

|

9/15/2013 12:38 AM

Caelum Persson wrote:

dropouts in the rear are 14mm but most dropouts in forks there days are 10mm adapter is about $10

alright ill just get two adapters to be safe, thanks.

|

9/15/2013 12:50 AM

Caelum Persson wrote:

nazdel wrote:

You'll need 2, one for each side of the hub anyway.

|

9/15/2013 12:54 AM

Caelum Persson wrote:

nazdel wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

You'll need 2, one for each side of the hub anyway.

oh so i need 4 just incase my forks need adapters too? thats if i need these i might just get blue 14mm and make my bike blue idk yet

|

9/15/2013 3:34 AM

If you selected the options as if you were going to purchase it from danscomp you would see it said "(Insert color here) 36H w/cog driver (RHD) 3/8""

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

9/15/2013 8:41 AM

Danscomp has peg adapters that work as axle adapters fot like $2

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/15/2013 9:16 AM

Scenekid69 wrote:

bmxfromma wrote:

If you selected the options as if you were going to purchase it from danscomp you would see it said "(Insert color here) 36H ...more

Yeah but I only can get gator as a pair and it doesn't have that option when you buy them as a pair so idk I might just get a normal color.

|

9/15/2013 9:18 AM

nice hand cuffs.lolol

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

9/15/2013 9:19 AM

Try albes. If not, order from profiles website and learn how to lace a wheel

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx