Profile mini ss hub problem

Related:
Create New Tag

6/27/2013 6:08 PM

Yesterday everything was fine. I slowed down and stopped. When I started pedaling again i heard a noise drowning out my cassette which isnt the normal sound and my hub gradually got quieter and starting slipping. I took it apart and cleaned everything and no change. My friends genius self decided to put motor oil in instead of just oil while i went to the bathroom. It is so quiet it sounds like a freecoaster and slips alot. How do I fix and get back to normal i don't know whats wrong!

|

6/27/2013 6:16 PM

Take it apart and remove all the oil

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/27/2013 6:19 PM

tomdon wrote:

Take it apart and remove all the oil

ok ill try tomorrow and let you guys know how it works out... hopefully others give opinions too!

|

6/27/2013 8:18 PM

So by him putting motor oil in it caused the quietness and slipping?

If that's the case just clean it out real good and regrease it. If that doesn't work you could replace all the internals.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

6/28/2013 11:43 AM

i cleaned it still ticking wierd not a cassete sound and still quiet dont know y

|

6/28/2013 11:46 AM

Check the pawls & springs and make sure nothing's wrong with them, push down on the pawls & they should give a nice firm spring back.. if they don't, then you likely need new springs

|

6/28/2013 7:48 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Check the pawls & springs and make sure nothing's wrong with them, push down on the pawls & they should give a nice firm spring back.. if they don't, then you likely need new springs

they dont at all no pressure is needed to push them i will try to get new springs soon

|

6/28/2013 7:49 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

brandon.hankinson.3 wrote:

they dont at all no pressure is needed to push them i will try to get new springs soon

will a primo mix driver and pawls and springs work?

|

6/28/2013 7:53 PM

There's your problem. I think Primo Mix pawls/springs will fit it if you're trying to save cash. $10 for 4 pawls & 4 springs here, as opposed to $4.99 for a single Profile spring.

|

6/28/2013 7:54 PM

Nope, I've read places that the Profile driver will fit in a Primo hub, but Primo driver won't fit in a Profile hub

|

6/28/2013 8:30 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Nope, I've read places that the Profile driver will fit in a Primo hub, but Primo driver won't fit in a Profile hub

ok ill try anyway cuz i have to take apart mix to change the pawls and springs

|

6/29/2013 7:49 AM

i put the springs and pawls in it works the hub is decently loud again just not as before. how would i go about building custom springs? i heard about coat hangers? how?

|