Profile racing stem bolts

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2020 1:10 PM

Hey all I got a profile push tl stem and I want to replace the current bolts on it with 6mm head bolts as the ones that come stock are 1/4” head bolts. I’ve found ti bolts but really want chromoly ones. Anyone know where to look?

|

2/1/2020 3:12 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

Hey all I got a profile push tl stem and I want to replace the current bolts on it with 6mm head bolts as the ones that come stock are 1/4” head bolts. I’ve found ti bolts but really want chromoly ones. Anyone know where to look?

Just find a 5/16x 8 stem bolt with a 6mm hex, i doubt it since it would be mixing metric and imperial. I find it pretty stupid how profile has to use different bolts/ measurements because they are so proud of how their stuff is USA based. Just convert everything you have to profile, deal with using the 1/4" or find a bolt. Also, tree sells a stepped compression bolt cap that is 6mm and 1/4".

|

I like riding my bike.

2/1/2020 3:53 PM

I had the Acoustic, do what I did and just get rid of it for a stem with 6mm bolts. So fucking dumb that they still don't offer a 6mm chromoly version. About 8 years ago I hunted for some and only found titanium ones. Never did check a hardware store for some that might have fit though

|

2/1/2020 6:58 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I had the Acoustic, do what I did and just get rid of it for a stem with 6mm bolts. So fucking dumb that they still don't offer a 6mm chromoly version. About 8 years ago I hunted for some and only found titanium ones. Never did check a hardware store for some that might have fit though

textbook profile ... not keeping up with the times, senseless out of date tech, but hey at least we're made in the usa!

|

2/1/2020 7:26 PM

Yeah they have the fuckin nerve to sell 20+ year old cranks with blemishes for 120 bucks. The only things i would ever buy from them are their hubs and stems.

|

I like riding my bike.

2/2/2020 1:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2020 1:57 AM

make sure the threads are the same that shit is American. and our dumbass imperial system needs to die. not sure if a metric head, and American threads exist. I wouldn't bother. why anyway, whats the big deal?

|