Profiles vs Fit Indents

Related:
Create New Tag

1/17/2019 12:42 AM

I know this has been posted before years ago, but I'm looking for more recent opinions again in 2019. I picked up a Fit WiFi a couple days ago that came with Indent 19's on it, and I still have my WTP Trust that has regular Profiles. I'm going to sell the WTP, but problem is, I can't make up my mind which cranks to keep/sell, so I can't throw it up for sale until I do. My reasoning is based on strength, appearance, practicality for tricks, and resale value. I have quite a few pros and cons to either option, but figured I'd get a discussion going before making a decision. Thoughts?

Profiles vs Fit Indents

View Results

|

1/17/2019 4:20 AM

Profile is nicer to me, but the fit cranks are excellent too.

|

It’s all bmx

1/17/2019 4:42 AM

Both are, obviously, capable. But Profile has the cred. From a purely resale point of view, nearly anyone who knows the least bit about BMX will recognize the Profile cranks & think they are 'superior".

|

1/17/2019 5:24 AM

Profile cranks have remained almost totally unchanged for 30+ years. That stands for something.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/17/2019 8:44 AM

Had both and they both kicked ass , gotta vote profile though as they have more options

|

1/17/2019 9:31 AM

Purely from a resale POV, sell the Profiles because they'll go easier.

|

1/17/2019 10:37 AM

Profiles. I had a set of 19mm indents forever on Facebook for sale in a few groups. I finally just gave em away.

|

1/17/2019 12:12 PM

General consensus seems to be the same as my reasoning. Resale, everyone wants Profiles so they hold their value, where as Indents are everywhere and people that don't know much about bmx consider them cheap. Strength, I'm sure they're probably both on par to hold up to anything i can throw at them. I honestly don't ride hard enough to break cranks, at least imo. I'm also not a big dude either, at only about 170lbs, i won't be putting much stress on them either way. Looks wise, i think that's the only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger on the sale more than anything. Personally I've always thought tubular arms look better, where as square arms look kinda out of place on a bmx since every other part is tubular steel. Also, my Profiles are chrome, and the Indents ate black. I have chrome bars and wanted to keep the chrome cranks as well, but it really isn't that big of a deal to me in reality. All of that said, yeah, i think I'll just sell the Profiles. The only other real problem that was stopping me was my sprocket on the Fit is spline drive, and the one on the WTP is bolt drive. I want to keep the spline drive, but don't have the sprocket bolt for the Indents, so if i switch, I'd have to go pick one up from Fit/S&M (like 10 miles away from where i live) since i can't sell the WTP complete but without a sprocket bolt. I mean i could, but I'm sure someone would complain about not being able to ride it instantly lol. I'm gonna post the WTP on OfferUp locally, but i may just end up parting it out on here if i don't get any reasonable offers on it

|

1/17/2019 12:23 PM

Profillacing. Handsup.

|