Progression.

Related:
Create New Tag

7/26/2013 10:52 PM

I progress in a fast way, as a few of you may know. I just learned 180 bars not even trying today. haha it is always very exciting for me. I do a dance. haha Mostly because my whole life is riding, fixing bikes, kool aid, and my girlfriend. Thats about it. Oh and i cut grass to pay for bikes. haha But anyways, How fast do you progress? I have been riding BMX in a serious fashion for about a year and 3 months now. And im learning quickly of course. In the first 3 months of actual riding i did a 360. I consider that pretty decent considering i only learned to hop maybe 4 months ago at that time. Do you progress quickly? How often do you ride? On average, how many hours have you spent riding (rough estimate)? I am making this thread mostly to see how people work and what the ratio is for time and progression.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/26/2013 11:09 PM

I've been riding for like almost 3 years and can barely 3 tap so there.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/26/2013 11:11 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I've been riding for like almost 3 years and can barely 3 tap so there.

No reason to be sore about it man. I just want to know how other people progress. And im sure that is just fine!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/26/2013 11:15 PM

Very slow. I lose tricks often too! One day i can 180 perfect. Then i spend 3 weeks tryin to relearn them. I wish i could go to my local flyout more often so i could learn more tricks like 3's and tuckno

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

7/26/2013 11:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2013 11:27 PM

I ride my best whenever I'm angry, I don't know why though. I guess I just don't give a fuck if I fall, so I just go for it with my all. Almost everything I can do (180,360, TBog, Tuck No Hander, etc.) when I was mad.I just get alot of shit for how short I've been riding. Shit, just today I got pissed at the cops and alnost landed a 360 Tuck No Hander, but I guess I do learn fast, plus I don't waste time bitching about this or that, I just ride and don't brag, because braggers are faggers.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

7/26/2013 11:25 PM

i have progressed pretty fast i guess..

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

follow me on instagram! @neck_brace
also go like my media page on facebook! jiraffe media
also follow jiraffe media on insta! @jiraffe_media

7/26/2013 11:28 PM

FuckYoCult wrote:

I ride my best whenever I'm angry, I don't know why though. I guess I just don't give a fuck if I fall, so I just go for it with my all. Almost everything I can do (180,360, TBog, Tuck No Hander, etc.) when I was mad.I just get alot of shit for how short I've been riding. Shit, just today I got pissed at the cops and alnost landed a 360 Tuck No Hander, but I guess I do learn fast, plus I don't waste time bitching about this or that, I just ride and don't brag, because braggers are faggers.

I getcha. I do that too, blowing off steam and riding for me usually ends in a made fit of rage tho haha. I just feel like yelling if i dont like how something feels or looks haha. But i do learn a lot of stuff and probably have a manlier style that is very rough when im mad. haha I try not to come off as bragging ever, i kinda get really into detail with things (like right now) so it can come off as braggy if you read it different than i intend haha. Im sorry if it came off as that, i just dont like to leave any details not given so there arent annoying questions and all that.

|

7/26/2013 11:44 PM

FuckYoCult wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

I getcha. I do that too, blowing off steam and riding for me usually ends in a made fit of rage tho haha. I just feel like yelling if i dont like how something feels or looks haha. But i do learn a lot of stuff and probably have a manlier style that is very rough when im mad. haha I try not to come off as bragging ever, i kinda get really into detail with things (like right now) so it can come off as braggy if you read it different than i intend haha. Im sorry if it came off as that, i just dont like to leave any details not given so there arent annoying questions and all that.

Your not bragging in any way, it's those guys all like "Bro, I can 180 that step up so good that I'm a pro". I'm not one to shy away from the truth though. Just the other day I got into it with Aaron Ross over something I thought was kind of duechy.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.

7/27/2013 12:02 AM

FuckYoCult wrote:

MaximusBikes wrote:

FuckYoCult wrote:

Your not bragging in any way, it's those guys all like "Bro, I can 180 that step up so good that I'm a pro". I'm not one to shy away from the truth though. Just the other day I got into it with Aaron Ross over something I thought was kind of duechy.

Full story bout he arron thing? He is pretty duechey haha

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

7/27/2013 12:14 AM

Ok, so I'm from Texas, so seeing pro riders isn't unusual. Well my friend was at 9th Street, and he tells me that Aaron was being a smart ass somehow. Then he told me that when he tried to talk to him,, he wanted to be high snobsiety.
That formed my opinion on him.
Then he rants on Facebook about kids asking for parts, so I commented that riders like him were dicks.
That was on his fan page
He personally messaged me this
Photo
We had an conversation, and the end I guess you could say.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.

7/27/2013 1:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2013 1:18 AM

I guess I learn things quick, but it depends on my mindset, I have mental health issues so I go thru phases, if I'm feeling well I'll learn things quickly and momentum will build, but there are times when I can't ride due to mental illness and then I feel like ill go backwards and have to relearn some things due to not riding for a period of time, but to me either way I've got to feel / think good to ride good.

I don't think quick progression is something anyone should really be concerned with, it depends what goals you have set for yourself I spose but as long as you are achieving your goals that's all that matters.

I don't see bmx as competition, its just a personal challenge for me. I don't really care how fast or slow I pick things up, im always stoked to see any sort of progression whether that's learning a new trick or improving an old one.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

7/27/2013 3:02 AM

been ridin since like last year in august...picked up 180s randomly one day of just doing it then it all fell apart when I snapped my chain..now I got a better bike and such and I cant 180 at all but I can grind lol

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/27/2013 3:11 AM

i progress as fast as a McDonalds food biodegrades...

FUCKING SLOWLY
|

Bruh

7/27/2013 6:23 AM

Kinda slow. :c

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

7/27/2013 7:29 AM

SickDude wrote:

Very slow. I lose tricks often too! One day i can 180 perfect. Then i spend 3 weeks tryin to relearn them. I wish i could go to my local flyout more often so i could learn more tricks like 3's and tuckno

this is me ill get dial the day i landed my first 180 i came like 50 degrees from a 360 then for the next week i completely lost them its been like 3 ir 4 months of 180s and im still trying to dial them , but then i find a couple tricks i find easy i learned hop half bars in like 2 days so now im trying manual full bars ,

now i have a sprained finger , but i ushually ride try to ride 2 to 4 hours a day oh and ive been riding for 7 or 8 months

|

7/27/2013 9:38 AM

I progress slower than shit. I've been riding for 4 years and I have only done 1 360 in my life. I don't grind, and I'm sometimes a huge pussy about bigger jumps/drops (biggest stair set I've hit=5 stair) But I'm getting better. I'm way close to getting my 3s locked in, and I got no handers back the other day. I'm working on getting turndowns, tailwhips, fufanus, and abubacas. So hopefully this time next year I'll have all of those dialled in.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

7/27/2013 9:41 AM

I've spent the past few months doing nothing but riding trails and flowing parks, and I've lost almost all my grinds besides feebles and everything I could do into and out of grinds. But it's been fun learning to ride trails and boosting everything.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/27/2013 9:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/27/2013 9:52 AM

I don't know or care. I just ride and do new tricks when I feel like it. When my bike is set up the way I like I ride a lot more and a lot better. I haven't rode in the past 3 weeks.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/27/2013 10:58 AM

I really do tricks, just carve about quickly, might boost something and jump off something but I have waves of progression where i'll learn like 3 things at a time then nothing for a year.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.
I got refs