Progression group

Related:
Create New Tag

9/19/2018 9:09 PM

Since I have absolutely no one to ride with, theres not that steady push to progress. Anyone be interested in a group where each week/month/whatever we pick a trick no one has tried or is any good at, and at the end of the defined period we have to share a vid of ourselves at least trying it? Doesn’t matter if we learn it or not, but we need to at least attempt it once. Any interest?

Progression group

View Results

|

9/19/2018 9:22 PM

I'm in but i think making like a Instagram group chat instead of making a ton of forum posts would be better. My instagram is @aaronmellien

|

9/19/2018 9:34 PM

Yeah, I was trying to think of the best way to do it. You’re onto it 👍🏻

|

9/19/2018 9:47 PM

Wait. This could make sense and Im just tired and about to fall asleep, but would we be choosing our own tricks or deciding on one trick for the group?

|

9/19/2018 9:49 PM

This would be sweet , winters about to start here though so I won’t be doing much

|

9/19/2018 9:49 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Wait. This could make sense and Im just tired and about to fall asleep, but would we be choosing our own tricks or deciding on one trick for the group?

I was thinking one trick for the group, so that we don’t all stay in our comfort zones

|

9/19/2018 9:50 PM

eskimojay wrote:

This would be sweet , winters about to start here though so I won’t be doing much

No backflips just yet though!!

|

9/20/2018 2:50 AM

I'd be up for this. Me and Rumham are doing something similar right now, both attempting crooks, emphasis on attempting.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

9/20/2018 4:14 AM

I'm in. I'm very new, so this could be a huge kick in the ass for me to progress.

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

9/20/2018 4:16 AM

I'd be keen, but I'll sit this out. I'm sure someone will want to learn tricks that involve taking limbs off the bike, and I'm not keen on that haha. Although I would like to get toboggans back

|

9/20/2018 4:25 AM

I really don’t want to remove my hands from the bars either Steve, I feel ya. But that’s kind if the point for me. I’ll never do it if there’s no impetus.

|

9/20/2018 4:27 AM

Hahaha I'm with you Steve, I do like to keep my limbs attached to the bike. But fuck it, I'll give in anything a go, I'm us all bailing will be a fun watch.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

9/20/2018 4:29 AM

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

I'm in. I'm very new, so this could be a huge kick in the ass for me to progress.

Maybe you could suggest the first trick joe, get the ball rolling.

|

9/20/2018 4:30 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

Hahaha I'm with you Steve, I do like to keep my limbs attached to the bike. But fuck it, I'll give in anything a go, I'm us all bailing will be a fun watch.

Every vid will be of me crashing, don’t worry about that!

|

9/20/2018 4:35 AM

Im in!

Just every body drop your intsa in the thread. And if you dont have one, get one!!!

@jake_peterson4130

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/20/2018 4:40 AM

Yeah sounds fun @DanaSchofield

|

9/20/2018 4:48 AM

@spongeybmx

|

9/20/2018 5:01 AM

@shoelessjoek

I can't suggest the first trick. But I'll try my best with whatever is picked!

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

9/20/2018 5:26 AM

@instamattr

Is there anything you've been wanting to push yourself and try Joe?

|

9/20/2018 6:04 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

@instamattr

Is there anything you've been wanting to push yourself and try Joe?

The next thing on my list is 180 on flat with a roll out. I can 180 on banks, but flat is terrifying (mostly for the fakie aspect).

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

9/20/2018 6:28 AM

Damn you boys, I don't want an instagram but now I might need to make one for real as a solo rider this seems like a very nice idea, only thing I'm wondering is whether we can come up with a trick none can do with a big group and lots of different riding styles.

|

9/20/2018 6:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/20/2018 6:48 AM

My shoulder is still healing but... it is healing. @supashawn7

@spongeworthy are you creating the group?

|

9/20/2018 6:38 AM

Rabbe I want to see you make an instagram, NOW. Oh and while you're there, you can name the first trick.

|

9/20/2018 6:47 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

Rabbe I want to see you make an instagram, NOW. Oh and while you're there, you can name the first trick.

Alright alright, I made one. It should be @snowmanrabbe.

And I think Spongey should do the honours of choosing the first trick since it was his idea

|

9/20/2018 6:51 AM

Lol this is gonna be fun!

Doug, you need to make one now

|

9/20/2018 8:10 AM

OK! Loving the enthusiasm here, blokes! Theres clearly a bunch of stuff I never thought about though. Rabbe is right, we wont always be able to pick tricks appropriate for everyone. I think we start with Joe. Some of us can 180 rollout, some can't, but we should all try them and post our best effort. For those of us who can, its a chance to try and dial them, have fun with it. Hopefully we can all learn from each other and pick up little tips here and there. Then Joe can nominate someone to choose the trick for the next round, and so on. I think even for stuff we can do, it will be fun to share our efforts with each other, especially for those of us who mostly ride alone.
The other thing I didnt think of is our setups. Some of us have breaks, others don't. Same with pegs. Dunno how to resolve this one. I'll start the group on insta, and I think we should just kick it off with Joe's trick first and iron out the other problems as we go. How long do you reckon we give ourselves? I know not everyone has the same amount of time to get out and ride, but hopefully this encourages us to make the time.

|

9/20/2018 8:20 AM

Yeah that'll be fun.

TBH I don't 180 flat enough at all, so this is a good one, my level of consistency is shocking!

|

9/20/2018 8:59 AM

I can try. I do have instagram but nobody to film, so...

|

9/20/2018 9:04 AM

dead goon wrote:

I can try. I do have instagram but nobody to film, so...

Get a rock and prop your phone on it

|

9/20/2018 9:05 AM

I think a lot of us have that issue. Get yourself a tripod, Joby ones are good and fairly cheap.

|