Progression group

Related:
Create New Tag

11/8/2018 3:35 AM

Don't think I've ever done a bump jump, on purpose anyway.

Stupid noob question, to be added to the stupid question thread. But is a bump jump not just a styled out case?

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

11/8/2018 4:23 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

Don't think I've ever done a bump jump, on purpose anyway.

Stupid noob question, to be added to the stupid question thread. But is a bump jump not just a styled out case?

Just go up to a bump or something sticking out of the ground, and just pop off it. I mean it's just a "bump jump" lol. You got it though dude! It's not hard!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

11/8/2018 5:05 AM

I'd be down to try, but winter is rolling in, so it might not be happening much for me.

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

11/8/2018 5:55 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I'd be down to try, but winter is rolling in, so it might not be happening much for me.

That's why we have switched it to 2 weeks. It gives people more time to get a nice day to ride.

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

11/8/2018 6:25 AM

The weather is seriously holding me back at the moment, proper damp British shitty weather. But it's meant to be dry all next week, so I will be getting my bump on.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

11/8/2018 9:42 AM

Oh, right, maybe I should’ve specified how to do them.

Essentially, it’s running into a small, usually immobile object on the ground to aid in a bunnyhop.

Adam Banton explains:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bGz9LVqX32Q&feature=youtu.be

|

Scooter rider tryin' to ride a bike.
Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

11/8/2018 10:02 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

That's why we have switched it to 2 weeks. It gives people more time to get a nice day to ride.

We got snow over the last couple days, and not a day will be above 32F until mid next week.

Indoor park/parking ramp/clear streets and layers season is upon us here in Minnesota.

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

11/8/2018 10:17 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

We got snow over the last couple days, and not a day will be above 32F until mid next week.

Indoor park/parking ramp/clear streets and layers season is upon us here in Minnesota.

We are about a week away from that ourselves here in buffalo

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

11/8/2018 10:23 AM

What's cold weather?

|

11/8/2018 10:32 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

What's cold weather?

When it is 65F for you.

:D

|

11/8/2018 10:38 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

What's cold weather?

Well, I guess it's all relative.

|

11/8/2018 10:41 AM

Lol i have to give y'all a hard time All y'all talk about your beautiful weather in the summer when its 110° here so I'm going to brag about my beautiful weather in the Texas fall

|

11/8/2018 10:59 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Lol i have to give y'all a hard time All y'all talk about your beautiful weather in the summer when its 110° here so I'm going to brag about my beautiful weather in the Texas fall

Beautiful weather, I remember hearing something about it but haven't seen it yet myself... Maybe next year

|

11/8/2018 11:00 AM

This was a couple years ago. All this snow came down in about 4 hours

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

11/8/2018 11:54 AM

I Love the idea but you have to set some type rules.

1- What type of riding do you do? Very important because a dirt only rider has no pegs, they can get some. But, they would be more the air trick stuff (park too).

2- Brakes or no. Reason if someone calls a trick that you need brakes (a tap is not a Fuf as an example) it needs to be factored in.

3- You need video of it. Anyone can say they pulled something or did something. And just say it. Have to show proof. I suggest a free type video not YouTube or instagram because it’s public and some people won’t want screw ups all over. It’s a pride thing, sure we show injuries but most don’t say anything about doing it or not due to pride. Great example my step son went for a hop bus driver and ate shit. He posted multiple pictures on Instagram of the bloody shoulder and stuff but just said “I fell on my bike”

But get everything sorted and I’m in 150% because at 42, I might have some stuff you haven’t seen or thought of that many can easily do

|

11/8/2018 12:23 PM

Gack2000 wrote:

1- What type of riding do you do? Very important because a dirt only rider has no pegs, they can get some. But, they would be more the air trick stuff (park too).

2- Brakes or no. Reason if someone calls a trick that you need brakes (a tap is not a Fuf as an example) it needs to be factored in.

3- You need video of it. Anyone can say they pulled something or did something. And just say it. Have to show proof. I suggest a free type video not YouTube or instagram because it’s public and some people won’t want screw ups all over. It’s a pride thing, sure we show injuries but most don’t say anything about doing it or not due to pride. Great example my step son went for a hop bus driver and ate shit. He posted multiple pictures on Instagram of the bloody shoulder and stuff but just said “I fell on my bike”

But get everything sorted and I’m in 150% because at 42, I might have some stuff you haven’t seen or thought of that many can easily do

We are using Instagram and Discord. (I'm only really using the Discord) You can upload clips under 8mb directly to the chat server. If you post on insta it's with #VitalProgressionClips

The purpose of the group is mostly to get you to try something you wouldn't have tried before and it's made to kinda force you to progress. With that in mind. If the called out trick is a brake trick/peg trick and you have neither, you would just pick something comparable with your set up. For instance, we did the Vader Jam/Slide and I hadn't even got a regular jam down so I did that. Then we had a hop down a drop/curb while in a fakie. I can't fakie for shit so I just worked on that.

With your example of a tap/fuf. If someone calls out the fufanu and you don't have breaks, then you could do a tap/jam and it would count.

The group is about doing stuff you wouldn't normally try and getting you motivated to progress.

We do "require" video proof. And we understand the idea of keeping your IG clean. You could always create a second account on instagram and use it just for posting your #vitalprogressionclips.

I'm only 6 months into riding and a lot of stuff is tough for me to do still, but I'm pushing myself and trying my best and that's what it's all about. Having fun and riding.

let me know if you want to get in on the discord server and i'll send you an invite

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

11/8/2018 12:40 PM

Gack2000 wrote:

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

We are using Instagram and Discord. (I'm only really using the Discord) You can upload clips under 8mb directly to the chat server. If you post on insta it's with #VitalProgressionClips

The purpose of the group is mostly to get you to try something you wouldn't have tried before and it's made to kinda force you to progress. With that in mind. If the called out trick is a brake trick/peg trick and you have neither, you would just pick something comparable with your set up. For instance, we did the Vader Jam/Slide and I hadn't even got a regular jam down so I did that. Then we had a hop down a drop/curb while in a fakie. I can't fakie for shit so I just worked on that.

With your example of a tap/fuf. If someone calls out the fufanu and you don't have breaks, then you could do a tap/jam and it would count.

The group is about doing stuff you wouldn't normally try and getting you motivated to progress.

We do "require" video proof. And we understand the idea of keeping your IG clean. You could always create a second account on instagram and use it just for posting your #vitalprogressionclips.

I'm only 6 months into riding and a lot of stuff is tough for me to do still, but I'm pushing myself and trying my best and that's what it's all about. Having fun and riding.

let me know if you want to get in on the discord server and i'll send you an invite

Yep. Exactly what Joe said.

|

11/8/2018 1:18 PM

Yep. If we enforce too many rules it wouldn’t be as fun. Obviously we’re all following a few guidelines, but only ones that aid in progression, like Joe said with the whole setup accommodation mindset.

To answer, I guess:

1) We ride BMX bikes.

2) Brakes or not, we chose that path and the drawbacks (and advantages) that come with them, meaning we get creative.

3) We’ve been recording, posting, and tagging all along via Instagram, Discord, and the forum.

|

Scooter rider tryin' to ride a bike.
Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

11/8/2018 2:08 PM

Gack2000 wrote:

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

I am down, just have to swap out my tires and ready to ride. Sadly the weather in the Houston area is going to be rain for a few days. But screw it, gives me time to dial in my bike. Might be able to get my step son in too. I taught him to ride so he could use a push to try stuff I didn’t teach him. Like a damn 360...I mean trying a bus and you can’t 3!?

@M_Davis I have 2 accounts but I will use that one I think I have discord but might be on my tablet I’ll check

|

11/8/2018 2:12 PM

Gack2000 wrote:

I am down, just have to swap out my tires and ready to ride. Sadly the weather in the Houston area is going to be rain for a few days. But screw it, gives me time to dial in my bike. Might be able to get my step son in too. I taught him to ride so he could use a push to try stuff I didn’t teach him. Like a damn 360...I mean trying a bus and you can’t 3!?

@M_Davis I have 2 accounts but I will use that one I think I have discord but might be on my tablet I’ll check

I can't find ya, message me on IG @shoelessjoek

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

11/8/2018 4:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2018 4:15 PM

Gack2000 wrote:

Great ideas Gack, I can’t believe no one has thought of any this yet. We’ll try to get everything sorted and up to your standards. Video is a great idea, up until now everyone has just been lying and cheating. Can’t wait to have you on board to keep everything in check.

|

11/8/2018 11:45 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Great ideas Gack, I can’t believe no one has thought of any this yet. We’ll try to get everything sorted and up to your standards. Video is a great idea, up until now everyone has just been lying and cheating. Can’t wait to have you on board to keep everything in check.

The smell of sarcasm is so strong it makes my nose hair curl

|

11/9/2018 1:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2018 2:42 AM

Gack2000 wrote:

Spongeworthy wrote:

Rabbe wrote:

The smell of sarcasm is so strong it makes my nose hair curl

Not the classiest response from me really, was it. My apologies. I just think our group is doing great, we have a great bunch of guys, and everyone is having a lot of fun. Its not about bullshitting or one-upmanship, we’re just encouraging each other and having a blast on our bikes. I’ll try and keep things a bit more positive from now on.

|

11/9/2018 3:03 AM

Anyone is still very welcome to join, yourself included Gack.

|

11/9/2018 3:12 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Not the classiest response from me really, was it. My apologies. I just think our group is doing great, we have a great bunch of guys, and everyone is having a lot of fun. Its not about bullshitting or one-upmanship, we’re just encouraging each other and having a blast on our bikes. I’ll try and keep things a bit more positive from now on.

Don't get me wrong, it was a good reply my post was a compliment

|

11/9/2018 3:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2018 3:36 AM

Haha, no worries Rabbe.

|

11/9/2018 4:07 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

I'm gonna one-up the hell out of your bump jump. Just you watch!

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

11/9/2018 4:13 AM

JoeyJoeJoe wrote:

I'm gonna one-up the hell out of your bump jump. Just you watch!

BATMN! I hope you do Joe, I hope you do!

|