Project Fit

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2013 9:25 PM

Earlier I told all of yall' on vital about a fit I bought for a hundred bucks. now im making a project of it. it is a low budget freestyle bike with a rider in the process of learning freestyle. some parts im getting are

mission transit cranks
framed team wheels(9t cassette on back 14mm axle)

id like some advice for bars, chromoly if possible but cheap with a 7 inch rise.some advise in jc pc pedals, and feedback about stolen and shadow conspiracy sprockets.

|

9/3/2013 9:29 PM

a pic of the bike.

|

9/3/2013 9:29 PM

instead of those cranks just try to get some good used ones or save up for better ones. Or get the sunday saker cranks . get a million dollar sprocket.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

9/3/2013 9:30 PM

Either Amber Bars
or Rants
Eastern has like a $6 Bar on Vein
or Odyssey Lunberjack XLT on J&R.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

9/3/2013 9:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2013 9:34 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

instead of those cranks just try to get some good used ones or save up for better ones. Or get the sunday saker cranks . get a million dollar sprocket.

how.much are the Sundays? and I really want a shadow conspiracy screamer

|

9/3/2013 10:02 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Black is $60 and chrome is $70 on danscomp for the Saker cranks.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

9/3/2013 10:06 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Black is $60 and chrome is $70 on danscomp for the Saker cranks.

ohh, sounds good

|

9/3/2013 10:08 PM

I've never ridden them but they look pretty decent just like something you would find on a modern day complete, probably fine if your not jumping huge drops and cranks grinds lol.

|

My Fit

9/3/2013 10:17 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

If your talking about the shadow scream sprocket i wouldn't recommend you get it, i had one and broke a bunch of the teeth and bent it and broke the sprocket bolt hole

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/3/2013 10:21 PM

For $20 more you can get a Subrosa Bandit sprocket, its held up for almost a year and still going strong.

|

My Fit

9/4/2013 6:47 AM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

For $20 more you can get a Subrosa Bandit sprocket, its held up for almost a year and still going strong.

I was looking at the SC Screamer because it is cheap. thid build is very low budget.

|

9/4/2013 7:36 AM

Sunday Saker cranks
Rant bars
Shadow Crow or United Metro sprocket

|

9/8/2013 3:28 PM

got a theme for the bike! MILITARY!!! matte green with demolition missile grips and skyway mags eith a 9t driver, shsdow conspiracy sprocket, kmc dropbuster chain, duo resilite pc pedals in avocado, and kenda k-rads

|

9/8/2013 8:24 PM

Get a smaller sprocket, some 8.25 - 8.5" bars, not 7" hahahaha, and some odi supersofts and it'll be a good starter bike.

|

Im 15 years old, I suck at BMX, I live in Texas.

That's all.

9/8/2013 9:58 PM

bgs1237 wrote:

Get a smaller sprocket, some 8.25 - 8.5" bars, not 7" hahahaha, and some odi supersofts and it'll be a good starter bike.

In the post above yours, it says about the sprocket, and im short so seven inch is good for me

|

9/8/2013 10:17 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

got a theme for the bike! MILITARY!!! matte green with demolition missile grips and skyway mags eith a 9t driver, shsdow conspiracy sprocket, kmc dropbuster chain, duo resilite pc pedals in avocado, and kenda k-rads

i wouldn't get the skyway mags if you are planning to jump off of stuff. you can get a tree OG for $32 in raw that shadow sprocket sucks seriously. kenda tires suck also odyssey path dirt plyte tires are like $15 idk how good they are though i would just save and get better ones.

|

9/8/2013 10:34 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

i wouldn't get the skyway mags if you are planning to jump off of stuff. you can get a tree OG for $32 in raw that shadow sprocket sucks seriously. kenda tires suck also odyssey path dirt plyte tires are like $15 idk how good they are though i would just save and get better ones.

keeping the kenda tires, changing dprocket and what if im just learning bmx are the mags ok

|

9/8/2013 10:39 PM

how about subrosa skeleton shield sprocket.

|

9/9/2013 10:36 AM

Dude. Demolition Trooper pc's to go with your military theme.

|

9/9/2013 10:43 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Why do say that about the Skyways? They have 14mm axles with the 9T driver.

|

9/9/2013 1:26 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Stop it mike. Lol. I was jumping off stuff with skyway mags when 3/8 axles were the "good" option, haha.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/9/2013 1:41 PM

The Shadow Screamer looks sweet, but bends very very easily. Merrit sprockets are very strong. There are a lot of strong sprockets out there now. I'd say go with a Merrit or a Bone Deth one.

For bars, I have Shadow Vultus bars and they are amazing. Amber bars are pretty strong and cheap but they're kinda heavy if you're a weight weenie.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

9/9/2013 1:44 PM

Stocksy wrote:

The Shadow Screamer looks sweet, but bends very very easily. Merrit sprockets are very strong. There are a lot of strong sprockets out there now. I'd say go with a Merrit or a Bone Deth one.

For bars, I have Shadow Vultus bars and they are amazing. Amber bars are pretty strong and cheap but they're kinda heavy if you're a weight weenie.

It's a budget build.

|

9/9/2013 1:55 PM

Check out Vein Bmx
Cheap and good beginner parts.

|

9/9/2013 2:05 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

Stop it mike. Lol. I was jumping off stuff with skyway mags when 3/8 axles were the "good" option, haha.

But the actual rims are plastic or graphite or whatever but what the hell get them don't listen to me it's your money! They will look sick also. I wasn't talking about the axles lol.

|

9/28/2013 11:00 PM

Bump, so I have figured everything out on what to get.

Snafu sugar skull seat post combo

Demolition pc pedals, dumbchuck pegs and missile grips

Shadow conspiracy scream sprocket

Mechanik half trac chain

Rant s20 rear wheel

Crown valve caps

Maxxis ringworm tire front an Maxxis hookworm tire rear.

Slime tubes

Everything will be red except for the tires, valve caps and wheel. In the future I will upgrade cranks from stock and get a new front fork to convert to 3/8 axle along with a custom wheel.

|

9/28/2013 11:15 PM

you could get sinz bars they have 7 inch rise bars

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

9/28/2013 11:21 PM

jj0996 wrote:

I already own four of those, im a racer and am an intense rider so every thing on it is sinz

|

9/28/2013 11:22 PM

bgs1237 wrote:

Im thirteen and about 5'3"

|

9/29/2013 1:32 PM

jj0996 wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

I already own four of those, im a racer and am an intense rider so every thing on it is sinz

then just us thos, they work for freestyle to

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype