Proof why I dislike Premium

Related:
Create New Tag

12/28/2013 4:50 PM

Just strolling through youtube ; reasons why I talk shit about Premium. Not hating , but legit proof

Whiskey bars bent to shit

Whiskey bars snap from roof drop

I've seen more videos of other Premium shit breaking but honestly this is stupid. I've commented on bike checks saying "switch bars!" because this is why you never buy Whiskey bars.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/28/2013 4:59 PM

Main reason why I hate Premium is because their parts are generic shit but EXTREMELY overpriced.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/28/2013 5:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2013 5:15 PM

Kids like the one in the first video make me cringe.
Also in the second video those bars looked rusted out on the inside.

|

12/28/2013 5:20 PM

I've seen so many kids break premium parts.

|

12/28/2013 5:53 PM

Feel free to buy premiums parts but I'll be laughing when your shit breaks and mine is going strong.

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

12/28/2013 6:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2013 6:26 PM

The guy in the second vid should have put the landing gear down first, any drop higher than head height you really need to be landing more back tire first than that, if them bars hadn't snapped his wrists woulda been fucked.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/28/2013 6:24 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Feel free to buy premiums parts but I'll be laughing when your shit breaks and mine is going strong.

I'll join in with the laughter...

|

Refs: Four x4, Dolphin, BrokenBMX, Tomdon, ecuadevil...

12/28/2013 6:30 PM

Thanks man I was going to buy those bars but I change my mind after seeing the video .

|

12/28/2013 6:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2013 6:43 PM

I had no intent to make a thread against any company , but I feel people NEED to see this. That is plain retarded. Parts should NOT snap from stuff shown. I've hopped 9 sets and gone off nipple height loading docks (5.6' + ) with 30$ Guerra bars and they are STILL holding strong. Unless Premium makes strong parts , and improves their image. I'm not buying shit.

|

My Cult 2 Short

12/28/2013 6:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2013 6:57 PM

I wouldn't buy their shit ever no matter what they did with their image and parts, I've got a list of a few companies I trust & respect and I'm sticking with them.

Animal / skavenger
Eclat / Wethepeople
BSD
Gsport
Cinima

Possibly a few others

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/28/2013 7:09 PM

Keep shit real with S&M , Colony , Macneil , WTP , alot of other good brands. The good companies get my money !

|

My Cult 2 Short

12/28/2013 7:21 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

The guy in the second vid should have put the landing gear down first, any drop higher than head height you really need to be landing more back tire first than that, if them bars hadn't snapped his wrists woulda been fucked.

This. Landing right saves parts, the bikes, AND yours, haha.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

12/28/2013 8:22 PM

what is it about throwing bikes, and skateboards when shit breaks....? I wounder if rollerbladers throw themselves when their skates break...

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

12/28/2013 10:41 PM

Probs because premium is basically haro..

|

Bang Bang bmx

12/29/2013 8:02 AM

How long where those dudes riding those bars? Everything breaks/bends, get over it.

|

fack off

12/29/2013 8:31 AM

Only thing I've ever bought was the refuse and resist tired and they sucked for multiple reasons, got a flats from a ridiculously small piece of glass, the tire sizes Are so off its retarded, the tires have a wobble to them, only thing good about them was the grip

I also got premium ck tires for my mom's bike, these things can't hold air at all, only hold 60 psi good thing the bike doesn't get rode allot because a friend of mine got them and got allot of flats with them

The fact the psi is so low I know for a fact Jerry curl Chad does not actually ride them, probably has some special ones made for him cause there is no way your taking and big drops with 60 psi even if your extra light from selling your soul

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/29/2013 9:14 AM

Just throwing this out there, bent from a roof drop should not even be a valid "proof" as damn near every bar on the market would bend from that if you land a certain way.

Roof drops typically only work without damage if you land back wheel first.

Honestly I could probably google ANY part out there breaking and find something, but I feel roof drops should NOT count towards claims saying a company "sucks".

That would be like me saying Jeeps suck when you drive them off a cliff and you blow out the suspension or destroy them.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/29/2013 9:25 AM

My 1948s are still going strong 2 years later. So my experience shows otherwise.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/29/2013 9:30 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

My 1948s are still going strong 2 years later. So my experience shows otherwise.

have you done a roof drop?

|

12/29/2013 9:32 AM

Why you dislike premium.. But really it's a video of other people breaking the stuff not you....

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

12/29/2013 9:33 AM

The title of this is so retarded. You could prove you dislike Premium by saying 'I dislike Premium'.

|

12/29/2013 9:37 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

Have you? Have you ever ran a Premium Part?

So many people on here are trying to say Premium parts break easy when they have no first hand experience or any proof that they are more prone to breaking.

|

12/29/2013 9:40 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Have you? Have you ever ran a Premium Part?

So many people on here are trying to say Premium parts break easy when they have no first hand experience or any proof that they are more prone to breaking.

I haven't done a roof drop but I hopped of a 5ft ledge

|

12/29/2013 9:46 AM

fuck this shit, i'm buying premium tubes anyway lel, there's a chance they won't bend

but seriously, this fool broke his bike, why throwing it around? it wasn't bike's fault
he landed wrong and he should be thankful he didn't fuck himself up

|

12/29/2013 9:51 AM

I had some whiskeys and the stem clamping area was crushed as fuck from the person who had them before me. Probably user error but idk

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

12/29/2013 11:30 AM

I think that is mainly proof the whiskey bars are awful. haha

The 1948 cranks are wonderful. Super solid and run by a lot of people with no trouble.

Do i like Premium? NO!! Those bars were weak as hell, their riders annoy me, their parts are uninteresting and overpriced. The only thing i like that they made were the 1948 cranks. The only part they ever made with any serious thought into making them.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/29/2013 11:57 AM

I get to hear how premium parts are so "amazing" from the locals....
I say one motherfucking thing about CK frame and everyone including a 23 yr old start bitching about how good it is and its not overpriced. I know 2 people who are completely in love with premium a mexican & a black guy.... not being racist but seeing as how theres only 2 black guys and 2 latinos/mexicans in the around 50 riders i ever talk too ...

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

12/29/2013 12:04 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

254 LBS off 4-5+ foot drops for two years. I think over the lifetime of my cranks they have put up to a decent amount of stress. On top of that landing low on quarters and boxes, stairs and so on.

I don't do roof drops because I know my BODY cannot take it. I don't find roof drops remotely appealing.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/29/2013 12:10 PM

ive never had a problem with premium i ran a few of there parts and no trouble , alot of people probibly never even had personal experiences but still hate them

|

12/29/2013 12:13 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

254 LBS off 4-5+ foot drops for two years. I think over the lifetime of my cranks they have put up to a decent amount of stress. On top of that landing low on quarters and boxes, stairs and so on.

I don't do roof drops because I know my BODY cannot take it. I don't find roof drops remotely appealing.

dayum

|