Proof why I dislike Premium

Related:
Create New Tag

12/29/2013 12:23 PM

I never owned anything Premium or Haro.. maybe those bars were just at their limit? If you land hard on your bike, buy thick ass bars.. Riders need to be able to prepare their bikes for THEIR riding style.. and not buy shit just because it's their favorite brand or looks cool or whatever other redundant reason.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

12/29/2013 12:25 PM

@Dave chiiillll mate. It's my opinion. You can't expect me to like a brand that I've seen 2 of the same part snap. And matter fact , I have rode Premium and Haro parts. I've bent Haro handlebars and cracked my friends Premium Sub-10 stem. So don't presume that I haven't , please.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/29/2013 12:30 PM

chad88 wrote:

ive never had a problem with premium i ran a few of there parts and no trouble , alot of people probibly never even had ...more

Premium = Eastern when it comes to hate?

Haha I bet everyone finally got tired of hating on Eastern, so they head over to Premium. Next it will be Cult, and then Fit.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/29/2013 12:53 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

@Dave chiiillll mate. It's my opinion. You can't expect me to like a brand that I've seen 2 of the same part snap. And matter ...more

Go ahead and dislike the company, but to go online and bash them for two parts you found online that broke (honestly, I could hate on EVERY company out there, but I get that stuff breaks) seems silly to me. Sure, you borrowed parts, and yea, you broke them (Sub 10 stem is very light, meaning less material. I have seen one snap too, it weighed less than 10 ounces. The LIGHTEST stem on Dans for top loads is 11 OZ, front loads if you count the MINI racing stems, 4.9OZ, or if you don't, something like 8 OZ for NON-flatland.

If we want to get into hating what we have seen 2 parts break for, well, working as a Service Manager at a shop I have seen a couple Easterns break, a couple Fits, an S&M, TONS of shadow stuff, some Fly stuff, a few Haros, some Kink stuff, Cult stuff, Alienation stuff, hell, even Pofile stuff snap, break or crap out reasonably fast. But do I go online and bash them? No. Why? Because all parts break.

Hell, I saw a newer rider snap a Kink frame on a 180 off a curb. It was a week old and the kid Could barely 180 consistently, Downtube broke right off the head tube.

I saw a 220 lb dude snap a dropout on a United. I know another dude who broke Odyssey Thunderbolts, and he is like 180 lbs.

You don't know what abuse those bars went through before that video of the roof drop. Those guys could have been doing roof drops all day long, and this one time he landed to front end heavy and that's all she wrote. Does the video show him get them off the ups truck, open them, install them and do that drop?

So I will speak my mind, and say I think bashing them for something like this is ridiculous. If you know the riders, and they typically ride a foot tall ledge or flatland and then they bend em doing those things ONCE, I could see it getting this coverage. But not a guy who does roof drops consistently.

End rant.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/29/2013 12:58 PM

chad88 wrote:

ive never had a problem with premium i ran a few of there parts and no trouble , alot of people probibly never even had ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

Premium = Eastern when it comes to hate?

Haha I bet everyone finally got tired of hating on Eastern, so they head over to ...more

tongue I rode premium 1948s and got rid of them for ezras instead if everyone still counts ezra as eastern
Every company I hate ive had a part from. I ride a Fit frame and when I bought it I hated fit. Ride Cult deharts which I hated on so so hard then I traded my premium tires for them.
|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

12/29/2013 12:59 PM

I've rode premium forks for a few years with no problem

|

12/29/2013 1:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/29/2013 1:03 PM

@Dave chiiillll mate. It's my opinion. You can't expect me to like a brand that I've seen 2 of the same part snap. And matter ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

Go ahead and dislike the company, but to go online and bash them for two parts you found online that broke (honestly, I could ...more

I love that rant Photo
Plus, sometimes things slip through like a shitty weld.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

12/29/2013 1:08 PM

Honestly, I don't believe those were even Premium bars in either video.

|

12/29/2013 1:47 PM

i have Premium Whiskey Bars for almost two years now. Never had a problem with the bars, but i need to say that they begin to rust undet the crossbar for no reason, because they never saw rain and my bike is always in my room. maybe they'll brake soon, but two years are enough to justify the price i paid for it.

|

Instagram: @bjoernkrg

12/29/2013 1:50 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Go ahead and dislike the company, but to go online and bash them for two parts you found online that broke (honestly, I could ...more

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

I love that rant Photo
Plus, sometimes things slip through like a shitty weld.

this this this

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/29/2013 1:51 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

"I think bashing them for something like this is ridiculous"

I think that is stupid consider the kid ate fucking dirt after they snapped , but my opinion against yours , I'll respect that.

On another note , I like Eastern and they make good parts , I like their bars. Everyone talks shit about them , but they're good , so I can see your perspective about how seeing videos of bars snapping effects my opinion about Premium.You can like them , and it's true we don't know what the parts have been through. But that shit shouldn't being breaking in the first place.

Respect for a good reply. But the fact that their parts snap and the poor kids use hard earned money on weak shit is against any valid arguement for me.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/30/2013 5:59 AM

This is why Lamborghini sucks.

?rel=0
|

12/30/2013 7:04 AM

"I think bashing them for something like this is ridiculous"

I think that is stupid consider the kid ate fucking dirt after ...more

I appreciate you not just calling me a name or something to "bash back".

As to them breaking and kids spending hard earned money, it happens with everything. While I am fine with you and your opinion, my experience shows they aren't necessarily weak. These parts are getting lighter and lighter, and breaking more and more, PLUS you have the internet, allowing you to see more and more kids positng videos or parts breaking.

Honestly, if you (or anyone for that matter) want parts that don't break, buy stuff from about 2001. It's heavy, but doesn't break.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura