Proper Bunny Hop technique

Related:
Create New Tag

1/20/2018 2:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2018 2:29 PM

Hey I have been recently trying to bunny hop properly. And I was wondering if I am doing it right or not I know the front wheel goes up first and then the back wheel. I just dont know how to get the bars from to my chest or even if i am doing it right or not. I think i have to lean back more but I cant seem to lean back even more. I cant manual because I had been trying it before and took a couple hard falls. Should I learn how to manual first or what can I do in order to hop properly. Thanks

Also I lift up the front wheel and jump up to do it.
|

1/20/2018 2:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2018 2:39 PM

You are doing super mini hops. You need to bend at your knees more, then lean back, pull back & up. They'll, when your front wheel is up to is max position, you spring up & pull your feet to up, cupping your pedals to bring the back end up

|

1/20/2018 2:41 PM

You might want to try to forget aren't the back wheel for a bit. Concentrate on leaning back & pulling up a lot. Dim it to the point that you actually have to jump off the bike. Get comfortable doing that. THEN move into the rest of the hop

|

1/20/2018 2:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/20/2018 2:45 PM

When you pull the front end up try to get your handlebars to your front hip area, then when you spring up use your forearms to push the handlebars in front at about eye level and do a sort of "vroom vroom" movement. Thats how I get maximum height. No offense but judging from that video you have a long way to go, you seem hesitant to fully commit.

this is the best vid of proper technique
|

1/20/2018 2:45 PM

Watch

">This

and

">This

On repeat
|

1/22/2018 12:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2018 12:12 AM

Can you pull your bike up just by shifting your weight rearwards and pushing forward with your legs?

Have you tried learning manuals and looping out?

That looping out feeling is kind of an exaggerated first step of a hop.

|