Proper rear hub?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/24/2011 7:41 PM

just bought a proper rear hub off my friend anyone had one or heard anything about them? also i tried to degrease it to make it louder but it didnt seem to do much its still really quiet anybody know how i can make it louder?

|

8/25/2011 8:43 AM

i've got one and i made the mistake of bending the spring into a tighter circle to make it louder and engage better
it was good a nice and loud but the spring broke so i had to buy another one
don't mess with it it's like that for a reason
other than that it's really strong so far, except the stock axle nuts are wank

|

if in doubt, keep pedalling

8/25/2011 8:54 AM

Dude stop caring about what your hub sounds like if your going to kill it like that (degressing and bending springs) . mine will last forever since its silent and has tons of greese in it

|

Cool story man!
Water Melon Check

Refs: Sire, 2283kdogg, Zerobig13, Ilovemybike22, BmxRida4lyfe

8/25/2011 9:11 AM

Kroller wrote:

Dude stop caring about what your hub sounds like if your going to kill it like that (degressing and bending springs) . mine will last forever since its silent and has tons of greese in it

too much grease and it skips like fuck
use a small amount of lithium grease or some good shit like that and don't do anything to the spring

|

if in doubt, keep pedalling

8/25/2011 9:16 AM

yeah iv heard numerous times proper hubs are quite fragile, although thats been sorta 08 09 sorta ones, maybe the newer ones are tougher but. as a general rule dont fuck around with ur hub too much trying to get volume. i know it sounds cool but dont fuck ur hub just trying to chase a clicking sound

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

8/25/2011 9:17 AM

best way to make a hub louder, put some sand in that driver lmao. (being sarcastic)

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

8/25/2011 12:55 PM

Cjmdawg wrote:

best way to make a hub louder, put some sand in that driver lmao. (being sarcastic)

this, minus the sarcasm

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face