Proper way?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/2/2015 9:12 PM

So I want to clean out my bike and add new grease. What's the proper way to clean off my frame?

|

10/2/2015 9:31 PM

its gonna get fucked up if you actually ride hard anyways
so just use some water and a rag

|

10/3/2015 5:33 AM

Use muc off cleaner. that stuff is amazing. honestly.

What I do is I completely strip the bike. I did it around a month ago already (how time flies!)

Get both wheels off, chain off, cranks off, and seat off. YOu are left with the frame, forks, and handlebars.

Ok. Spray your bike with water. Then spray with muc off. Wait 5 minutes. COme back, hose the frame with water (not too much), and the mud/grime is going to go off. Then set it off into the sun to dry.

THen come back to the wheels: water, soap, brush, and muc off. Get the rubber to shine and the rims to smile.

For the chain, I soak it in a muc off concentrated solution and work it real good. I get it to dry with compressed air.

Cranks, same.

YOu just want to use muc off, seriously it is amazing.

ANd re grease properly too, not forgetting to wipe it off.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

10/3/2015 8:16 AM

Like the guy said it is going to get messed up anyways if you actually ride it.
I was building my sons bike and was really careful not to scratch it. Well after a few hard rides in the Park it really didn't matter.
I would just use a mild soap and water.

|

10/3/2015 8:31 AM

Yep, but showing some love once in a while ( I usually do this every 1.5 years) is good too for the bike...

Serioulsy, it feels brand new and shiny in the first few sessions and you can't help but feel proud of the work that you did, a complete teardown, inspection and rebuilt...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

10/3/2015 8:38 AM

take it all apart and use SOS pads on everything or rubbing compound..

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]