Proper way to bail on a bmx?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/30/2012 8:40 PM

ok i have been practicing wheelies and manuals which are my favorite tricks, i have been bailing pretty well for the most part, but today on a manual, i was going for a nice amount of time and i flipped back and hit the back of helmet and smashed my elbow, and now i really dont want that to happen again so any suggestions?

|

11/30/2012 8:49 PM

On nose manuals you'll want to throw the bars forwards and out. On manuals and those just take it like a man. If you need some elbow pads while learning em go ahead. There may b a trick but I don't know it. My reaction is to land on my feet when I am am about to fall back so my body does anything it can to get me on my feet.

|

Phone # 925 353 6162
Bought from: hookjrclc, scramhype, tito24, howlerfbm, pavimo, bmxkitten, others
Traded with: Kroller, the Balt, trentydoo

11/30/2012 9:15 PM

It's always been instinct for me to just land on my feet, dont think i've ever busted my ass on a manual. If you need to just start pulling up on your bars too hard and just keep bailing manuals just to get the feel for it. After awhile you'll know that point where you're too far back to save the manual and you'll just jump off

|

11/30/2012 9:17 PM

I use to practice wheelies and manuals like everyday =), the proper way would be to just hop off and avoid throwing ur bike, i think its like an instinct, i only fell like once doing a wheelie lol, anyways, how many pedals was ur longest pedal wheelie?

|

11/30/2012 10:18 PM

First of all its not a "bmx" its a bike. I hate it when people call a bike a "bmx", it makes no sense. It's like calling a bike a "bicycle motocross" which is even stupider.

For bailing, if you feel like you're gonna loop out, jump off the bike while kicking the pedals forward simultaneously, and land solidly on your feet.

|

11/30/2012 10:25 PM

just jump off lol

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

12/1/2012 12:32 AM

just hop back and plant your feet

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/1/2012 1:03 AM

hit the eject and make like a cat

|

12/1/2012 1:54 AM

When you know you're bike costs as much as a months worth of work, you try not to throw it. But if its horrible and you fly over your bars, do a roll. Manuals, what is there to say, hold on and plant your feet, if you were going fast run with your bike a bit. For nose manuals, jump over your handlebars. Um, thats about it, if you're having some high air, let go of your bike and pray that you'll make it down alive.

|

12/1/2012 12:26 PM

There isn't much to it
Just get off the pedals as fast as possible and on to your feet
As for nose tricks just jump over the bars

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

12/1/2012 1:10 PM

jump off and try and keep you hands and feet up, make sure you land face first.

|

Instagram= suckmydeeeck
Tumblr= http://benkingyo.tumblr.com/

12/1/2012 1:23 PM

NebLikesBMX wrote:

jump off and try and keep you hands and feet up, make sure you land face first.

This.

|

12/1/2012 2:36 PM

I suggest with manuals because i have been doing them for a long time and fell multiple times, Is to take it like a machine and not bitch about it and trying the easy way out, with manuals the best way to bail is to brace your balls because slamming into the concrete and getting burns. Worst happened to me is a sore bum and a bruise on my elbow, Just don't be a bitch about it... The more you fall the more you learn, I got better at manuals by falling and just getting back up and trying again..

As for nose manuals, kick your feet off the pedals and let the bike bounce under you, worst comes worst you hit your balls... But it's easier than trying to jump over your bars and potentially ruining your pretty face your so worried about protecting...

I hate questions like this... It's bmx?? If you are afraid of being hurt or avoid it... you might as well go crab walk home and leave bmx to the big boys.

|

12/1/2012 2:46 PM

land on your feet for manuals, jump over the bars for nose manuals, roll if youre doing a fakie/mess up going fast

|

12/1/2012 5:12 PM

well, for manuals and wheelies i have that instant reaction to just land on my feat, however, This summer i was in misquamicut beach rhode island with a couple of friends, i was riding on the strip by the beach and pulled a huge ass wheelie!!!! for like 40ft i pedal when i wheelie, obviously, so i was going so fast and i went to far back and tried to land on my feet and i was going so fast i just wiped out, i ripped my jeans and destroyed my plastic odi bar ends, but i was ok, if ur going really fast, u might fall when u try to land on ur feet, but if ur not going too fast, you should be fine.

|

Dream - Trans red BTM 8============================================>

12/1/2012 6:35 PM

|

7/17/2016 12:06 AM

I don't like it but loads of people say it helps them commit to things better. Personally it makes me worse as I go into everything slowly without brakes. There is something very nice about riding a brakeless bmx though, it's completely silent and just feels solid. No cables flopping around or chain hitting the brakes etc.My friend who is a Bail Bond tell me all this about bmx.

|