Pros Vs Regular (Vans)

Related:
Create New Tag

1/26/2018 4:45 AM

Are the pros worth the extra money? I've been using regular vans and the shoe falls apart after about two months. The sole gets torn to shreds and the waffle grip gets eaten by my pedals. I'm thinking of swooping up some Vans authentic pros since they are on sale on danscomp. Should i save an extra 5-10 dollars and buy the regular vans authentic or are the pros really worth it?

|

Ride for yourself and have fun

1/26/2018 4:49 AM

Absolutely worth it. Insole is so much better on the pros and the price difference is small.

|

1/26/2018 4:51 AM

Yes get the pros... best riding shoes out there tbh

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/26/2018 6:17 AM

Pros are definitely better for cushioning, I'm not sure anything else is different though?

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

1/26/2018 6:19 AM

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

1/26/2018 6:34 AM

I went for the Pros instead of the regular Sk8 Hi's for this very reason. My back and joints are fucked so I need all the cushioning I can get.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/26/2018 6:57 AM

DCs

|

1/26/2018 11:42 AM

jbales wrote:

DCs

DCs

|

1/26/2018 11:44 AM

I hear Osiris are awesome , I’m going to try those next

|

1/26/2018 12:55 PM

I just got my Pros delivered, and since I am in impatient American manchild, I immediately took them out of the box and tried them on.

HOLY SHIT the insole is like 1" thick. This is why my other Vans SK8 MTE's are hurting my feet. These updated Pro insoles are a godsend. I haven't ridden in them yet, but just walking and wearing them they're a huge improvement.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/26/2018 1:25 PM

Yah the av era and av era pro are identical but the little bit of padding on my ankle and slightly better insole makes a huge difference. Worth it imo

|

@coupd_tat

1/26/2018 2:15 PM

seems silly but the best shoes I ever rode in were jordans lol. i wish i had another pair...

|

It’s all bmx

1/26/2018 2:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2018 2:29 PM

No

Before anyone bitches me out , yes the insoles are amazing , they are great .... BUT Pro Vans have the “pro” tab on the medial side of the sole . It’s supposed to be for marketing but when you pedals , it rubs on your crank and very quickly rips off the sole and starts taking a bunch of sole with it . It happened with 2 pairs of my skate highs , I’ll go see if I can find my shoes and show you Photo

That picture doesn’t really show it ( it’s not this shoe that got messed up ) but you can sort of see where the tab was .. maybe it’s just my luck but as mentioned they get snagged and it rips the whole part !

Any Vans are good but I just stick to the basic classics , I’ve tried all the crazy new innovations and shit and the classics are the best

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/26/2018 3:28 PM

Dc used to be good before they changed their outsoles to some shit that doesn't grip a pedal for anything. Like little DCs on the bottom. Osiris has stuck with a very classic grip and so has globe that's why I love the globe's I have. They are the motley mid top shoesPhoto

Photo

I love the globe's soo much. No more cranks bashing my ankles and they aren't high tops so your ankle isn't stiff as shit. Plus that outsole is my favorite style ever

|

1/26/2018 4:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2018 4:34 PM

Regular vans are like Walmart shoes. The rubber on the soles is thinner, they wear faster, and the insoles are super thin. The ppros have a super thick insole, and the rubber on the soles is much thicker. Get the pros Everytime. Or buy Walmart shoes (seriously, they are cheaper and just as good ime)

Anyone that says you don't need pros, has not ridden/skated in both, because it's no contest. The extra few bucks is always worth it. So much more comfortable too, I feel like I'm walking on clouds with the hd ultracush insoles.

|

1/26/2018 4:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/26/2018 4:54 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Regular vans are like Walmart shoes. The rubber on the soles is thinner, they wear faster, and the insoles are super thin. The ppros have a super thick insole, and the rubber on the soles is much thicker. Get the pros Everytime. Or buy Walmart shoes (seriously, they are cheaper and just as good ime)

Anyone that says you don't need pros, has not ridden/skated in both, because it's no contest. The extra few bucks is always worth it. So much more comfortable too, I feel like I'm walking on clouds with the hd ultracush insoles.

I like the cheaper Halfcabs more than the pros since they have more padding around the ankles. The unremovable insoles inside them is what sucks.

I will say, least with the shoes I have. Pros are a better built shoe, they have a stitched in liner in the bottom of the shoe. Bottom of the pros has more flex since the cheaper shoes have like a cardstock cardboard glued inside them.

Price either way, should be a nonissue if a shoe is not a "need today" deal. Other then designing and buying customs, I hardly ever pay over 54bucks on vans pros or nonpros.

|

1/27/2018 12:20 AM

I wanna try some Osiris Clones. They look pretty good.

|

1/27/2018 1:24 AM

But regardless of how much you love vans if you want a shoe that'll last a long time you should look elsewhere. Every pair of adidas and Nike shoes I've had has lasted a good deal longer than vans, pro or not. Just saying

|

@coupd_tat

1/27/2018 8:17 AM

Nike dunks are the most durable shoe I have ever owned. I've tried almost every pair of vans made over the years too.

|