Protective parents

Related:
Create New Tag

5/16/2014 8:22 PM

How can i convince my parents to let me ride in the city? Every time i ask them why they won't let me, they just say "it's dangerous!". I live in the burbs. There are only a few good spots here, but there is some crazy awesome stuff downtown. I asked them if they would let me go with a friend, and they said yes, but none of my friends count because they aren't responsible enough. I'm getting bored of riding the same things over and over and it's starting to make me sad.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/16/2014 8:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2014 8:27 PM

1. Tell them you are riding around your area.
2. Ride/get a ride to the city.
3. ???
4. Profit!

I do this pretty much every day, haha.... I've even gone to a skatepark 3 hours away, told my parents I was just riding around, and they didn't catch on haha. Am I cool, yet?

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/16/2014 8:28 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

1. Tell them you are riding around your area.
2. Ride/get a ride to the city.
3. ???
4. Profit!

I do this pretty much every ...more

They would catch me...

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/16/2014 8:45 PM

Carry knife, tell them you'll wear a helmet riding.

|

5/16/2014 8:48 PM

Richmond aint that bad, you just have to be careful where you ride and go with some friends

|

5/16/2014 9:04 PM

tell your parents you wear your helmet and such. and you are always safe. start carrying a knife if you don't already. and what about that hip on the side of that building. isn't that the city

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

5/16/2014 9:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2014 9:15 PM

you know what it is with parents is this: they know you probably wont get messed with or hurt. they just don't want to have to worry about you when you are gone. Its selfish of parents. all you can do is lie and go anyway

|

5/16/2014 9:25 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

tell your parents you wear your helmet and such. and you are always safe. start carrying a knife if you don't already. and ...more

I carry two knives with me all the time. That building is my one really great spot, but it's only ridable on the weekends. It's like two miles away.

I always wear a helmet when i ride, I am very cautious while crossing roads, i always tell my parents before i go biking, i'm just out of ideas of ways to get my parents to understand. They tell me about when they were kids their parents never knew where they were or what they were doing, my mom used to swim like two miles a day in the Chesapeake bay as a teen. I brought that up to her today and she just said "that was different and my parents shouldn't have let me." My dad grew up just outside of DC but for some reason he thinks i'm gonna get killed if i ride a bike in the city. And i can't really ride with a crew because none of my friends ride. They only time i've met people riding in my area, they were leaving to go ride in the city.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/16/2014 9:27 PM

armageddon wrote:

you know what it is with parents is this: they know you probably wont get messed with or hurt. they just don't want to have to ...more

Thing is
1. They would catch me
2. I really value having a good relationship with my family, so i'm not gonna do that.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/16/2014 9:35 PM

armageddon wrote:

you know what it is with parents is this: they know you probably wont get messed with or hurt. they just don't want to have to ...more

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Thing is
1. They would catch me
2. I really value having a good relationship with my family, so i'm not gonna do that.

Ima just have to move to Richmond, give you someone to ride with. You have nice spots, I got sagebrush.

|

5/16/2014 9:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2014 9:41 PM

Hey man all i got to say is rules meant to be broking it life. that's life you do good things or you do bad things if you want to ride downtown did do itt hey can't control you your hole life have fun riding.

|

5/16/2014 9:52 PM

Fbmbmxer22 wrote:

Hey man all i got to say is rules meant to be broking it life. that's life you do good things or you do bad things if you want ...more

[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/17/2014 12:08 AM

Dude straight up I respect parents but fuck em ! You're riding a BIKE for fucks sake , if you have a helmet and are responsible then fuck it and go . With permission or NOT

YOU'RE RIDING A BIKE

NOT DRUGS

NOT WHORES

A BIKE

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/17/2014 3:09 AM

I would just go anyways hahahahaha.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/17/2014 5:56 AM

The solutions simple....

You gotta kill em

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/17/2014 7:18 AM

Just tell them
"Hey mom, dad. I want to ride my BIKE to the city and I am responsible enough to take care of myself"

If they say "NO!"

"Alright then, i'll just go to my room and do meth and shit."

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

5/17/2014 7:43 AM

Hey dude, I mean just get up real early and ride in one day. Leave a note and say you'll be back. Haha I think maybe if they went with you it'd be alright. See if they'll take you and watch haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

5/17/2014 8:53 AM

Just do it. Once they see you can do it without getting mugged/jumped etc etc they should be okay with it. I wouldn't have as much freedom with regards to where I ride if I didn't sneak out at like 5 am to ride with my friend...but seriously they're just worried about your safety, just do it to tpshow them you can without getting hurt and you should be okay

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

5/17/2014 1:11 PM

Fbmbmxer22 wrote:

Hey man all i got to say is rules meant to be broking it life. that's life you do good things or you do bad things if you want ...more

You just gave me cancer.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

5/17/2014 1:14 PM

Seriously though Curtis, work with them. I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT just go without their permission.

Sit down with your mom and dad and say "Guys, I really want to ride in the city. There's gotta be something that I can do to convince you guys that I'll be alright out there." and see what they say. You're a smart kid, you'll know what to do after that.

|

YouTube

5/17/2014 1:35 PM

Stocksy wrote:

Seriously though Curtis, work with them. I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT just go without their permission.

Sit down with your mom and ...more

Hey, someone that understands! That's pretty much what i did last night. The only progress was my mom saying "you can bike there someday, but not for a while." Which pretty much means i can go when i get my liecense. Two years is to long to wait!

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/17/2014 1:59 PM

Stocksy wrote:

Sit down with your mom and ...more

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Hey, someone that understands! That's pretty much what i did last night. The only progress was my mom saying "you can bike ...more

I mean rules are rules. You may just have to deal with it man. Try your best to convince them though. Try bribing them. Like ask them if you can do some extra chores to show how much you want to go or something like that. Haha

|

YouTube

5/17/2014 3:20 PM

If your mom is scared about it being dangerous, just show her some basic stats on richmond from google. It took me 5 seconds to find that crime has been reduced by 47% between 2004-2009 and it isn't on the rise. Also it might just be worth a shot to just go.
Depending on how your mom is, you might be able to just tell her after youve gone a couple times already, and look youre not dead and you didn't do anything stupid

|

5/17/2014 10:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/17/2014 10:39 PM

just go man, they'll get over it. if you think you're responsible enough to stay out of trouble then you'll be just fine, and your parents will see that and hopefully acknowledge it.
you're riding your bike and having fun, not doing drugs, not murdering people, not raping little kids, not getting into gang wars, just riding yer bicycle.

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding