Pulled lower back muscle?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/30/2017 3:29 PM

I'm 16, so this isn't due to age or anything, but I think I might have pulled a muscle in my lower left back. It doesn't constantly hurt, but if I land on my leg funny, pedal weirdly, or just push off my left leg weird it shoots pain like a mofo for a second or two. It also hurts if I twist my back to one side or another. It doesn't hurt if I apply pressure on it. Any ideas?

|

"Jason Bourne, its Jesus Christ"

1/30/2017 3:41 PM

Your age doesn't matter, I had lower back problems when I was 14.

Do some stretches, strengthen your core, see if that helps some.

Is there a nerve shooting down one of your legs? If there is, definitely go get that shit checked out asap. Probably go get it looked at either way, back pain sucks balls

|

1/30/2017 4:35 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Do some stretches, strengthen your core, see if that helps ...more

This.

Just doing some stretches helped me, then when my back was better walking helped a LOT, then some light running, and some core exercises.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/30/2017 4:39 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Do some stretches, strengthen your core, see if that helps ...more

Yeah, that's right. Shooting nerve pain down the leg, can be Sciatic nerve pressure. If it's chronic, it's called Sciatica.

A herniated disc in your back can cause it.

But other things can cause it too. Overly tight hamstrings, etc. (although I'd expect that more for someone my age, not 16....)
|

1/30/2017 4:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2017 4:46 PM

I've been having the same problems, but I'm 30. I never had problems when I was your age, and it actually sounds more like your pinching a nerve than a pulled muscle. A pulled muscle shouldn't be a sharp pain. It will be a dull constant pain. I've been working on my core muscles, and just resting for a few days if I get sore, and my back pain has almost disappeared. Stop riding for at least a week. If the pain persists go to a doctor, because no one on this forum is one lol. Oh yeah and stretch before riding. It makes a huge difference.

|

1/30/2017 4:54 PM

My lowest disc was the thickness of someone in their 60's back when I was in my mid 20's. It was causing what you are describing to the point where I couldn't walk.

It took 3+ days to walk ok again.

I'm a lot better now, but once in a while with too much use, I feel it coming on again.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura