Puncture flat Question

Related:
Create New Tag

7/20/2016 9:04 PM

I got a puncture flat today in my front tire, it is a very very small puncture. But I was wondering, is running this tire a bad idea? I slapped on a new tube and it holds air just like it did before.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

7/20/2016 10:42 PM

Is the tube showing through the hole at all? Or is the hole so small you can barely see it? If the hole is really small it'll be fine

|

7/21/2016 5:22 AM

My wife and I ordered 2 bikes and got them last week, when she was getting all the zip ties off hers she poked a hole in her tire, it was very small so I tired to patch it and it held up for about 4 days of very light riding and finally blew out. We patched the tube and the tire and she doesn't do any tricks or jumps etc.

|

7/21/2016 11:02 AM

Like stated before, it depends where the hole is, and how big.

If in the tread and from a staple or nail, nothing to worry about. If it was bigger and a hole you can see through, new tire day. You can TEMPORARILY boot it with a dollar bill or a tire boot.

If on the sidewall or bead, new tire time. Sidewall you can boot for a short time too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura