Opinions

Related:
Create New Tag

1/12/2014 7:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2014 7:53 PM

So after quitting riding for a few months due to fracturing my skull, i thought i might buy another bike to try and get back into it.
I've still got my spare Kink Liberty frame and Mutiny Glam bars (shown in picture) which I'm planning to use.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

I've searched online and have found 2012 Trail-digger all stock for $250 used in good condition and plan on using some of the components from that bike for the time being until i decide to upgrade my parts.

Just wondering what are your opinions on this bike and would you say it's worth $250?

|

1/12/2014 8:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/12/2014 8:03 PM

My friend thats 105lbs cracked the stock cranks, frame, bars & forks. Welded and re cracked but never broke. His rims were out of true real quick. Hubs and all the bearings & his stem held up well. Lol older eastern completes. I like eastern alot but old completes are junk to me with eastern.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

1/12/2014 8:09 PM

Yeah fair enough, i thought i might buy the Eastern cause i didn't have any issues with my Kink complete besides snapping the stock sprocket and chain but then again i did replace parts pretty quickly after buying it. Well looks like I'll just wait till something else comes up haha, thanks for your input.

|

1/12/2014 8:25 PM

Well everything on the Eastern is full chromoly, except the bars I think. Double walled rims, sealed front hub, but semi-sealed cassette.

In short, it'll be good to ride. Just replace things as they break, all that good stuff.

|

1/12/2014 8:39 PM

just get a build kit from dans

|

Fuck BMX

1/12/2014 8:49 PM

SUNDAYBMX187 wrote:

actually not a bad idea

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/12/2014 9:31 PM

SUNDAYBMX187 wrote:

I would if shipping to Australia wasn't around $100-$200, i might buy a United build kit for $600 but will have to wait a fair bit.

|