Purpose Served

Related:
Create New Tag

11/15/2015 11:31 PM

Photo

#street?

I once said hubguards don't matter . I retract that statement . Got this with the wheel ( think it's a Cult ? ) but plastic pegs are good . Hubguards are not.
|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/16/2015 1:11 AM

Photo

|

My Cult 2 Short

11/16/2015 1:13 AM

less plastic more metal \m/

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

11/16/2015 7:07 AM

Not slamming down into grinds helps a LOT. I ran a bsd plastic/metal rear guard for like a year and a half, and never cracked it. Same with plastic pegs. Never cracked one.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/16/2015 7:44 AM

Been running the same plastic guards for about a year now. They're deformed in a couple spots, still work amazing.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/16/2015 7:48 AM

I can third that. Been running the Animal Pyn for about 3 years with no cracked plastic

|

If it ain't broke...

11/16/2015 7:51 AM

I've been running a metal daily grind infinity for less than a year and it's already getting deformed. I guess i'm just more street than you guys.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

11/16/2015 7:53 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I've been running a metal daily grind infinity for less than a year and it's already getting deformed. I guess i'm just more ...more

Streetlife

|

If it ain't broke...

11/16/2015 8:17 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I've been running a metal daily grind infinity for less than a year and it's already getting deformed. I guess i'm just more ...more

You're too krusty that's all.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/16/2015 8:39 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Or it means you land harder into grinds?

A buddy of mine has the ORIGINAL Gsport Glands still going and he rides nothing but street.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/16/2015 9:01 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Or it means you land harder into grinds?

A buddy of mine has the ORIGINAL Gsport Glands still going and he rides nothing but ...more

It's all about what you grind. If you're hitting nothing but buttery handrails and nicely smoothed and waxed ledges, you probably won't have much damage to anything.

But if you're grinding unwaxed and shitty ledges all the time and doing lots of 180 to grinds your guard gets a LOT more damage in comparison.

Guards are very important. Anyone that disagrees is nuts.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/16/2015 9:16 AM

My Primo DSG is still holding up and I slam into grinds. But it's metal.

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

11/16/2015 10:18 AM

I'm pretty smooth with most ledges and what not but I've been messing with a few things and I guess sliding off from a smith or a double peg just blew it up.

Never cracked a plastic peg , the venoms are good. Be grabbing both sides guards when I have a moment . I'm a light guy so it was what I was doing and not how I was doing it. Safe to say , it helped out even though I cracked it. Imagine all that force going to the bearing / axle / shell

|

My Cult 2 Short