Putting together a new bike

Related:
Create New Tag

12/28/2016 8:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2016 8:31 PM

Hey everyone I got into bmx in last June and I am looking to build a new custom bike. I had the Sunday Blueprint 2016, the rims are beginning to warp, cranks constantly come loose even wen tightened, don't have gyro tabs on frame etc, I'm not the best at bmx but I am really amped up to learn more. I just came here to ask you guys for suggestions on a new bike. I am hoping to get all the parts and build it myself or have a shop put it together for me. My plan is to not go through the roof on spending but I would like quality parts. Gsport rims, good frame (300-400$cdn), Maxxis tires etc, I don't know what parts are considered really good so I was wondering if someone could give me a part list and any other recommendations. Btw I am considering a freecoaster

Thanks in advance smile

|

12/28/2016 9:21 PM

What's a budget to work with? And what preferences do you have/what's your riding style? (straight cable or gyro? pegs or no pegs? street or trails or park? front load or top load? etc)

Either way, if you want definite good quality parts, Odyssey/Sunday forks, Odyssey Thunderbolt cranks, G-Sport rims (Rollcages would suffice), are some musts.

Stuff like headset, BB, seat, post, & clamp (if needed) are all pretty much the same things so you can just get the cheapest ones that are the right sizes & stuff and save money there. But a lot of the other stuff like hubs, bars, stem, I'd need an idea of your riding style/preference before suggesting anything

|

12/28/2016 9:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2016 9:35 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

What's a budget to work with? And what preferences do you have/what's your riding style? (straight cable or gyro? pegs or no ...more

Hey thanks for the reply, I run pegs on front and back left side, probably run gyro, I ride a mixture of all, I run front load but I guess either works. I am looking for a bit of a full part list. If you have one handy then cool but if not it's all good. Thanks again. Looking at a Sunday, cult or total frame. Maxxis Tires, that's pretty well all I would look for specifically. About a 900-1000cdn budget

|

12/28/2016 10:31 PM

You can't get really good parts without spending through the roof. Ie. G sport rims are the most expensive on the market, so you'd have to buy lower quality parts somewhere else to stop yourself spending too much. That's not worth it. You can find discounted parts, but then you can't be too picky about what you want

|

12/28/2016 10:50 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

You can't get really good parts without spending through the roof. Ie. G sport rims are the most expensive on the market, so ...more

Yeah I kinda figured that. Any recommendations on what categories of parts I should spend more on?

|

12/28/2016 10:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/28/2016 11:44 PM

Frame, forks, and wheels. Everything else isn't as important. And cranks I guess, but I'd get the other 3 first. Forgot handlebars lol

|

12/29/2016 10:38 AM

You're in canada eh? for cranks, 1664 makes some that are pretty cheap ($160) and real good. Gsport stuff is super pricy, unless you have a lot of cash to spend i'd just get complete wheels rather than building some up.

|

12/30/2016 9:26 AM

Thanks for all the replies, does anyone have a part list that they could give me that is about 1000cdn$?
It can be any parts, I just want an idea and I c an switch it up for my liking

|