Q Lite Hubs

Related:
Create New Tag

11/8/2013 10:20 PM

I've seen the design on the WeThePeople supreme hubs, and it's called Q Lite... It looking like a fucking amazing design... 6 Paws, simply amazing.. So my question is what's better? Like stronger, last longer, less maintenance, better engagement? Regular cassette or Q lite? Also what Bmx hubs have Q lite that are currently available? I know the WeThePeople supreme had it, but what other ones are out or coming out and is the supreme v2 going to be Q Lite? Also Can you Guys list the cons of Q Lite Hubs?

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/9/2013 5:59 AM

my friend has been running a q-lite hub for 4 years and it hasn't skipped a single time

|

don't overthink it just do it !

11/9/2013 6:57 AM

The Dartmoor Razor hub has Q-lite.

|

11/9/2013 7:28 AM

Shadow Rant v2

|

11/9/2013 1:53 PM

What is Q-lite?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/9/2013 3:42 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

What is Q-lite?

Photo
That should be self explanatory
|

Bang Bang bmx

11/9/2013 4:54 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

What is Q-lite?

6 pawls , undestroyable

|

don't overthink it just do it !

11/9/2013 5:00 PM

I like the looks of that. The only thing I can see negative would be the constant motion of the pawl inside the aluminum. If grit gets in there, it could wallow out the pawl seat, but idk what the working tolerance on those parts is.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/9/2013 5:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2013 5:04 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

I like the looks of that. The only thing I can see negative would be the constant motion of the pawl inside the aluminum. If grit gets in there, it could wallow out the pawl seat, but idk what the working tolerance on those parts is.

I would imagine it would have a steel insert like the ratchet ring on a regular hub that holds the pawls

Edit: nvm you can see it doesn't in that picture

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

11/9/2013 5:23 PM

If only Topsey was here

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/9/2013 5:25 PM

so wait q lite is like the opposite of a normal cassette? CUz the pawls are normally on the driver right?

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

11/9/2013 5:26 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

so wait q lite is like the opposite of a normal cassette? CUz the pawls are normally on the driver right?

Yup

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/9/2013 6:07 PM

thats sick....

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

11/9/2013 10:26 PM

Any other hubs from well known brands? All I know of right now is the shadow rant's and both of the WeThePeople supreme hubs, if you don't know what I mean by both... Their coming out with a v2 for the supreme

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/10/2013 12:14 AM

Well that's nothing new. I have a stock Stolen Wheel like that, as well as a Quando Wheel like it. And the Pawls fucked up on the Quando beyond repair.

|

11/10/2013 8:08 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Well that's nothing new. I have a stock Stolen Wheel like that, as well as a Quando Wheel like it. And the Pawls fucked up on the Quando beyond repair.

Low quality hubs... Set a raptor for your next hub or try and find a WeThePeople supreme v1 for sale or wait for the v2

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/10/2013 8:22 AM

damn those are good looking hubs

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/10/2013 9:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/10/2013 9:48 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Low quality hubs... Set a raptor for your next hub or try and find a WeThePeople supreme v1 for sale or wait for the v2

My point is until this idea is universal I would rather buy a hub with the Points of Engagement in the Hub Shell and the Pawls on the driver seeming as that's how expensive hubs are while a lot of cheap hubs are like this. I personally see no advantage in this.

|

11/10/2013 10:43 AM

Q-lite style is being used in cheap hubs still but with only 3 pawls. such as the stolen revolver hub and the stokc hubs on the low end kinks.

Stolen has put a similar system in there more expensive rebellion hub as well.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/10/2013 10:49 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Q-lite style is being used in cheap hubs still but with only 3 pawls. such as the stolen revolver hub and the stokc hubs on the low end kinks.

Do you know if there is any advantages of it?

|

11/10/2013 4:02 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Um.. Over sized bearings... 6 Paws... So stronger and better engagement

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/10/2013 11:54 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Um.. Over sized bearings... 6 Paws... So stronger and better engagement

Is there any advantages of the pawls being in the hub shell though? That's what I'm trying to ask.

|

11/11/2013 12:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/11/2013 12:34 AM

the pawls being like that creates stress on the hub shell which leads to hub shells cracking. Wait for sundaybmxrr..................

|

11/11/2013 1:25 AM

RiverSideRider wrote:

the pawls being like that creates stress on the hub shell which leads to hub shells cracking. Wait for sundaybmxrr..................

Photo

truth. I pedaled once and this happened.

Loljk, landed funny on a manual 180.
|

11/11/2013 4:38 AM

RiverSideRider wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote: Photo

Holy shat

|

11/11/2013 4:53 AM

RiverSideRider wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Holy shat

Heard of this happening in q-lite hubs, didn't know it's that serious.

|

11/11/2013 5:53 AM

RiverSideRider wrote:

That's poor hub shell design. Doesn't mean Q-Lite is bad, it just means the hub needs to be better.

|

11/11/2013 6:03 AM

Fondue wrote:

That's poor hub shell design. Doesn't mean Q-Lite is bad, it just means the hub needs to be better.

As you can see here, the 2014 WTP Supreme hub shell is serious biz.

Photo

|

11/11/2013 6:53 AM

That is just a lot of wear and stress for an aluminum component. Steel inserts where the pawls go would all but eliminate that, and would probably reduce machining time.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/11/2013 6:59 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

That is just a lot of wear and stress for an aluminum component. Steel inserts where the pawls go would all but eliminate that, and would probably reduce machining time.

I don't see how it would eliminate the stress, the pawls and teeth still come together regardless.

|