Q: gears...?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/28/2009 1:29 PM

im a noob to the tech shit and i got a 48h rear freewheel flip flop hub and i want to run a 9t-25tgear ratio on the left side but cant find a 9tfreewheel rear gear is it not possible or am i looking for the wrong thing? or do i have to do the whole swap (rim and gears?) please give me some info links.. thanks.

|

..VITAL..

5/28/2009 1:31 PM

you can't get a 9tfreewheel only 9tdrivers

|

Ride for Fun Ride to get Away Ride to Ride Ride for Love Ride to Live Live to Ride

Toronto replay official: "What's that? Oh, a Flyer shot it? Just wait three minutes and call no goal due to inconclusive evidence."

5/28/2009 1:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 7:57 PM

I ran into that same ''predicament'' a few years back when i wanted to run LHD
on an old flip-flop primo-pro hub. There arent any 9t freewheels available. It goes down to 11..
i think dk makes one?? Yeah so its a bitch pit that you just fell into. srry

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/28/2009 1:39 PM

well what did you end up running??? or didi you just buy the whole set??

|

..VITAL..

5/28/2009 1:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 7:57 PM

I ran 30-12 for a while, got tired of it in two weeks and baught a new set.
Its worth it cuz 30-12 is a hastle.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/28/2009 1:43 PM

Run what you can until you got enough money to get what you want.

|

5/28/2009 1:45 PM

look into the haro conversion kit....it comes with a 25t sprocket and a rear wheel with a 9t driver in it...i think it's actually somewhat affordable

http://www.danscomp.com/401107.php?cat=PARTS

|

titties and beer > everything

5/28/2009 1:48 PM

thanks.

|

..VITAL..

5/28/2009 2:11 PM

fckthatshyt wrote:

look into the haro conversion kit....it comes with a 25t sprocket and a rear wheel with a 9t driver in it...i think it's actually somewhat affordable

i was thinking agout getting that getting thta is it nice

|

¡Odio patinadores!

5/28/2009 2:15 PM

fckthatshyt wrote:

yeah that's what i had to end up getting cause i was runnin a 36/14

but the bad thing to that is if you ride hard on it like i did, i bent the sprocket and the rim, i replaced the sprocket but now i have to buy a new rim,

|

Boxman for President

5/28/2009 2:17 PM

fckthatshyt wrote:

I ride fit wrote:

yeah that's what i had to end up getting cause i was runnin a 36/14

but the bad thing to that is if you ride hard on it like i did, i bent the sprocket and the rim, i replaced the sprocket but now i have to buy a new rim,

i was just throwin it out there for him cause i don't know how much money he's looking to spend

|

titties and beer > everything

5/28/2009 2:32 PM

ya i thought i'd say, its a good deal but if you want strength, not that

|

Boxman for President

5/28/2009 2:49 PM

DK only made a freewheel down to 12t but it was somewhat fragile, last I heard they stopped production of it.

The only way you will get 25/9 is with a new rear hub and a new chainwheel/sprocket. I would go with something like the haro conversion kit, its like 150-170 depending on where ya get it, but it will have everything you need. MAKE SURE you have a chain tool. You will need to shorten your chain, and be able to pull off your crank arm(s). If you want LHD you might not be able to get that kit, and may have to spend more money for the wheel.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/28/2009 2:53 PM

the haro conversion is good
i ran it from september till march
rim didnt bend, still running the sprocket
the hub did go bad on me, but because i didnt maintain it haha

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

5/29/2009 11:52 AM

thanks to every one for your info! much appreciated! i was trying to find the cheapest route possible but i guess im just going to have to save up my Greenbacks.

|

..VITAL..