Q's about Saltplus' "Warlock" chain

Related:
Create New Tag

10/23/2015 6:35 AM

Has anybody ridden this? What are your thoughts?

I'm in need of a new chain and was decided on the interlock v2 with alternating black/copper links, but have had a couple friends swearing that the chain sucks and that they'd broken them w/o too much abuse; both friends recommend KMC (they both ride 510's)

So I stumble across an oil-slick/jet fuel colorway halflink chain, it looks awesome but I'm hesitant about half-links in general, and saltplus in particular. Any feedback? My go-to chain is the kmc 510 if the store stocks it, otherwise a 410 which is what I've got on there now but it's squeeking pretty bad. Reallllly want that warlock chain...well, more accurately, I want that warlock chain to be worth buying and reliable! So yeah any thoughts about half v full links, kmc v shadow (v "saltplus"...is this an offshoot of 'salt'? They're a subsidiary of we the people right?)

|

10/23/2015 6:40 AM

Keychain/thread

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

10/23/2015 9:04 AM

Ricked_Em wrote:

Keychain/thread

This is a good feeling chain, I'd suggest it for that. However I've had KMCs last me longer. Not too impressed with my Keychain.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/23/2015 9:23 AM

I've seen two keychains break and that was from people cross threading the screws and thinning the plates. I hate hate hate half links.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

10/23/2015 9:29 AM

Ricked_Em wrote:

I've seen two keychains break and that was from people cross threading the screws and thinning the plates. I hate hate hate half links.

Mine keeps breaking around the pins. The area around the pins, like most chains, is way too goddamn thin. I agree that halflinks are stupid, but I'm going to try the Supreme for the sake of not breaking anymore chains. And if it stretches out and eats away at my sprocket like all my other half links did, then I'll put it in the trash where it belongs and order a KMC 415H

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/23/2015 9:40 AM

I had broke a KMC halflink chain something like 8 times in two months ! (A few years ago) so I would never recommend KMC chains... since that I had ride a cult halflink chain for 3 years, never broken, finally change it for a BSD halflink (which is the exact same except the logo) because the cult was too stretched.
About the salt chain, I have never ride it or even seen it but I think people who buy that just go for the oilslick, not quality.
After... It´s maybe good but i don't really know. Also, I don't like shadow interlock chains, it resist bad with the time.

|

10/23/2015 10:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2015 10:18 AM

I ran an Interlock V1 for FIVE YEARS, and have hit around 4 on this current Interlock V2.

I see a lot of kids complain about the Shadow Chains, but without hitting them on stuff, and the occasional cleaning and lubing, they last forever, even when I was doing 3 foot out bar to tire taps and lots of 180s and pedal pressure fufanus brakeless. So either I have lucked out 2 times, or everyone else exaggerates what they are actually doing to their chains the same way kids say "I was only doing a 180 flat when my frame broke" and they neglect to say that they have been hopping stairs and boosting to flat for weeks on end lately.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/23/2015 8:47 PM

I have the V2, its nice and I've had it for a while!

|

10/24/2015 10:48 AM

1664 ballin half link chain , it's the way to go

|

10/24/2015 9:57 PM

Lose weight , not being an ass but I'm a featherweight and a half and I barely put any strain on my chain besides maybe fullcabs / 5 cabs and tire taps .

I've seen the oilslick and it does look good . I wouldn't worry about the chain too much unless you grind DS or just torque on your cranks when you go to ride fast . It should be fine . Half links will be fine

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/25/2015 7:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/25/2015 7:45 AM

Not being an ass but are ignorant/presumtive, as I'm on the shorter side and have a 6-pack lol, I'm definitely one of the lighter people posting in this thread (I buy underpants in Children's size large for chrissakes) so it's not my weight. That said, I certainly torque hard (I ride fixies as well, and am on a bike 24/7, I ride very fast and def put my bikes thruogh the ringer!)
Grinding DS is the case unfortunately am still trying to figure out how to get what I need (lhd crank and lhd driver/hub. I've got an 8-spline spindle, donations are welcome! lol)

|