Question about gyros

Related:
Create New Tag

5/24/2014 10:09 AM

So, I just bought a G3 gyro and have a question on whether it's going to fit my bike. I have a 2013 Verde Prism and the fork steerer tube seems to short to have enough spacing for the detangler to be placed in. The bike has an intergrated headset and doubt if it will fit. Do I need another detangler that fits or any other parts? Sorry for beginner question.

|

5/24/2014 10:13 AM

It should fit any bike. It just depends if you have to use all the pieces or not.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/24/2014 10:30 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

It should fit any bike. It just depends if you have to use all the pieces or not.

Oh ok, so I wont need some parts, for example, I won't need this part?
Photo

|

5/24/2014 10:30 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

It should fit any bike. It just depends if you have to use all the pieces or not.

Oh ok, so I wont need some parts, for example, I won't need this part?
Photo

|

5/24/2014 10:31 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

It should fit any bike. It just depends if you have to use all the pieces or not.

TrueBlitzKrieg wrote:

Oh ok, so I wont need some parts, for example, I won't need this part?
Photo

Is your frame drilled for gyro tabs?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/24/2014 10:38 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Is your frame drilled for gyro tabs?

nope, do I have to remove the cap?

|

5/24/2014 10:43 AM

TrueBlitzKrieg wrote:

Oh ok, so I wont need some parts, for example, I won't need this part?
Photo

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Is your frame drilled for gyro tabs?

TrueBlitzKrieg wrote:

nope, do I have to remove the cap?

You have to use the piece in the pic. It should have directions with it.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/24/2014 10:54 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

You have to use the piece in the pic. It should have directions with it.

I am using the DansComp guide for the installation, if I use the part in the pic it leaves almost no space for the stem to grab onto. sorry for the trouble

|

5/24/2014 10:54 AM

That piece won't fit an Integrated Headset. If you don't have Gyro Tab holes, you will have to drill some in unfortunately.

|

5/24/2014 11:03 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

That piece won't fit an Integrated Headset. If you don't have Gyro Tab holes, you will have to drill some in unfortunately.

Ohhh ok thanks. Thanks for the info.

|

5/24/2014 11:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2014 11:04 AM

edit: bmx_forever beat me to it lol

correct me if I'm wrong but if i remember correctly, that piece won't fit over an integrated head tube. it's designed for the non-integrated kind. you need to use the bolt on gyro tabs that screws onto the holes drilled on the side of your head tube. but since you said your head tube doesn't have those holes then you may be out of luck there.

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

5/24/2014 11:12 AM

tr1x wrote:

edit: bmx_forever beat me to it lol

correct me if I'm wrong but if i remember correctly, that piece won't fit over an integrated head tube. it's designed for the non-integrated kind. you need to use the bolt on gyro tabs that screws onto the holes drilled on the side of your head tube. but since you said your head tube doesn't have those holes then you may be out of luck there.

soo drilling them isn't a good idea.

|

5/24/2014 11:21 AM

Drilling gyro tabs in your frame is fine, you just have to make sure it is done properly.

|

5/24/2014 1:23 PM

That piece doesn't fit integrated headsets. Im sure if you REALLY wanted to you could mess around with it, cut it and grind it down and make it work. But imo that would be alot more work than if you were to just drill out your headtube for tabs.

If done right its not a problem, but make sure you know what youre doing or have someone who does do it. They have to be perfectly right or it won't work.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


5/24/2014 2:43 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

That piece doesn't fit integrated headsets. Im sure if you REALLY wanted to you could mess around with it, cut it and grind it down and make it work. But imo that would be alot more work than if you were to just drill out your headtube for tabs.

If done right its not a problem, but make sure you know what youre doing or have someone who does do it. They have to be perfectly right or it won't work.

Or it will, but look like ass. Not the Kardashian kind, more like the 400lber in a bikini kind.

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".