Question about my chain.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/27/2015 9:40 PM

Hey, I have a bit of a problem...
I can pedal fine but there's one spot it gets really tight, I figured my sprocket was bent (it was just a hair) so I went a bought a new one. And it still gets really tight in that spot.
I've got a Shadow v2 interlock with a subrosa bandit sprocket in 25t and a Fiend Embryo frame in 21" if that helps at all. Could it be that my chain is stretching because it's a 1 week old chain.
Thanks

|

We out here breathing. -Bert

5/28/2015 3:02 AM

Yup.
Either your spindle is bent, or your chain stretched.

A third possibility would be that your driver isn't round anymore, but if that's the case, you would have three tight spots for every crank rotation.

I'm assuming you either don't have a sprocket spacer, IR you used a new one. Is you are using the old one, it could be out of round also.

|

5/28/2015 5:12 AM

a forth possibility is that your master pin has come loose, or any other pin (most likely master) and is sticking out and rubbing on your sprocket. worth checking

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

5/28/2015 12:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2015 12:11 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

a forth possibility is that your master pin has come loose, or any other pin (most likely master) and is sticking out and ...more

How do i tighten a master pin?

|

We out here breathing. -Bert

5/28/2015 2:21 PM

iFit wrote:

How do i tighten a master pin?

just push it back through fully seated, could use pair of pilers a hammer whatever

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

5/28/2015 2:53 PM

Most likely chain stretch.

|

5/28/2015 3:01 PM

All of these people are going to make you pay extra for no reason.
Most sprockets that use bolt drive WILL have a tight spot thats just how it works.
Unless the tight spot is like so extreme that it's messing up your driver.

|

5/28/2015 7:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/29/2015 7:13 PM

I have had a tight spot since my LBS built my bike. I came to the conclusion that sometimes stuff just doesn't line up right. It doesn't affect my riding so I just accepted it.

|

5/29/2015 8:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/29/2015 8:32 AM

RenegadeXCIX wrote:

All of these people are going to make you pay extra for no reason.
Most sprockets that use bolt drive WILL have a tight spot ...more

That would be the cranks problem then for not having the sprocket bolt boss perfectly aligned with the axle end of the crank, so when you tighten down on the sprocket bolt it pulls it out of line.

Besides you dont need to hulk tighten that bolt, back it out a little and the sprocket will run straight.

Never had a tight spot due to sprocket in over ten years.

|