Question about tyres

Related:
Create New Tag

8/31/2018 1:21 PM

So my friend got a pair of the cult vans tyres and they feel AMAZING when they roll. Smooth af. So my question is: do tyres with more thread roll nicer/smoother, or slick tyres? I dont really know under which category the vans tyres go since the whole vans shoe sole thing design. Any good recomendations for smooth rolling tyres besides the vans ones?

|

8/31/2018 1:45 PM

Cult Vans tires are total shit from what i heard.

He was probably running higher tire pressure which made them feel smooth..

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/31/2018 1:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2018 1:46 PM

The less knobby or chunky the tread is, the less rolling resistance you'll have.

The cult vans tires (as far as I know) have very little micro-knurling if any, so even thought they have a noticeable tread they're gonna run pretty smooth. I've also heard from many people they wear out SUPER fast. So your friend may have just worn the tread down the center of the tire.

The Odyssey Dugan tire is designed to roll very fast and very smooth. It's similar to a motorcycle tire.

The Odyssey Chase Hawk tire is also a smoother tire designed for park/street use.

Where you'll really see the difference is riding trails with a smooth, low-rolling resistance tire. That's rarely a good idea and I have the scars to prove it.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

8/31/2018 1:46 PM

it depends on the rubber compound more than the tread pattern. tioga streetblock tires are great

|

It’s all bmx

8/31/2018 1:55 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

it depends on the rubber compound more than the tread pattern. tioga streetblock tires are great

Forgot to mention that too. A lot of new tires with a smooth center section have a harder compound for that section to improve the way they roll.

|

8/31/2018 2:35 PM

I've actually looked into Vans tires because I want a pair now but I've heard too that they wear down really quickly which is a no go for me

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/31/2018 3:06 PM

Slicks roll the fastest less rolling resistance

|

8/31/2018 4:08 PM

just go for some BSD tyres.

|

8/31/2018 8:01 PM

Francky wrote:

I actually ordered a pair of Donnastreets today. First time I've changed tires in 4 years laughing

|

9/1/2018 12:35 AM

Francky wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I actually ordered a pair of Donnastreets today. First time I've changed tires in 4 years laughing

You should like them

|

Hmmm

9/2/2018 1:11 PM

I have had my vans cult tires for about a year now and they are still totally ride able

|

9/2/2018 10:14 PM

Francky wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I have them and I can definitely say that they are too 10 best tires ..2.4 front and 2.3 back

|

9/2/2018 10:42 PM

kinda unrelated but at the same time related, has anyone rode the kink sever tires and if you have do you like them?

|