Question for a rider coming back

Related:
Create New Tag

2/5/2016 1:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2016 1:40 PM

So I ust to bike when I was younger and I want to get back into it now, im 18, 6'4 and i weigh about 170. I HAve a question, should I go with a used Fit Dungan I found on craigslist or would it be worth spending more to get a NEW bike from the Albes shop down the street. Ill put some pictures of the bike I found, hes asking $200 Photo

Photo

Photo

|

2/5/2016 3:04 PM

That looks like a 2013 Fit Dugan 1... personally I'd try to see if they'll go a little lower on the price. $200 is half of what that bike is brand new, but it's still a low level stock bike and also 3 years old. It doesn't look like it's in bad condition at all though so that's a plus.

If you can afford it, $200 more for a new bike (Or even a used custom if you can find one) would be more ideal. some stock bikes in the $400 area are super dialed like the Kink Whip which is $420 and full chromoly everything, fully sealed and a double wall rear rim. Plus with a new bike you know it isn't cracked or damaged anywhere because it hasn't been previously ridden by someone else.

|

2/5/2016 4:14 PM

Don't get that bike, it's too small.

You need a 21" frame or bigger.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

2/5/2016 4:57 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Don't get that bike, it's too small.

You need a 21" frame or bigger.

ah good call, I completely missed that.

I think that bike has a 20" TT so that's way too small haha

the 2016 Fit BF 1 comes in a 21" TT and so does the 2016 Subrosa Salvador XL and both are the same price with roughly the same specs although the Subrosa has a slightly longer rear end and slightly taller seat tube.

If you give us a budget to work with I'm sure we can find the best bang for your buck too, but the 2 I listed above are very good for the price. Most other bikes under that price are lacking in chromoly or sealed bearings

|

2/5/2016 6:50 PM

Check Albes down the street, they do a Used Crap section, and you might be able to make something pretty solid from that.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/5/2016 8:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2016 8:24 PM

6'4 your a pretty tall guy, 21" would be on the small side. Ofcourse you might like a smaller frame to throw around. But i agree go down to albes and sit on some 21" to check it out, but i would definitely look at some 21"+.

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green